We strive to help students make the transition to university-level mathematics by supplying tutors who provide assistance on an individual basis to students in first- and second-year math core courses. Tutors are available at the following locations: MC 4066, MC 4067, and the Mackenzie King Village multipurpose room.
If you have any questions or concerns about the Tutorial Centre, please contact the co-ordinator Robert André
Things to remember
- To get the most out of the Tutorial Centre, find times that are convenient for your schedule and avoid the peak times by starting your assignments early.
- If you consult one of the tutors, please take your course notes with you so that your problem may be efficiently handled. Furthermore, if you need help with a particular problem, please bring your rough work with you in order to help the tutor in identifying your difficulty.
- Since you will not learn very much if a tutor tells you how to solve a problem, please do not expect the tutors to show you a complete solution. Once you have been given a hint, you should work on your problem alone until you either complete it or need further assistance.
- Please do not use the Tutorial Centre either as a social club or as a lunch room.
- Please do not remove furniture from the Tutorial Centre.
- Other tutoring resources: The Student Life Centre (SLC) has a bulletin board for available tutors to advertise their services. See the Turnkey Desk in SLC for further information. Also students in need of private tutoring may want to check a list of tutors at Tutor Connect.
Tutorial schedules for the winter 2017 term
Below are the links to the schedules. They are updated by the end of the second week of lectures. Consult the LEARN course website to obtain a first draft of the Tutorial Center schedules. The Tutorial Center does not serve as a resource for the MATH 127, MATH 135, MATH 137 courses in the winter term.
- MacKenzie King Multipurpose room evening schedule (PDF)
- MacKenzie King Multipurpose room weekend schedule (PDF)
- MATH 127 schedule (PDF)
- MATH 128 schedule (PDF)
- MATH 135 schedule (PDF)
- MATH 136 schedule (PDF)
- MATH 137 schedule (PDF)
- MATH 138 schedule (PDF)
- MATH 235 schedule (PDF)
- MATH 237 schedule (PDF)
- MATH 239 schedule (PDF)