We strive to help students make the transition to university-level mathematics by supplying tutors who provide assistance on an individual basis to students in first- and second-year math core courses. Tutors are available at the following locations: MC 4066, MC 4067, and the Mackenzie King Village multipurpose room.
If you have any questions or concerns about the Tutorial Centre, please contact the co-ordinator Jordan Hamilton
Things to remember
- To get the most out of the Tutorial Centre, find times that are convenient for your schedule and avoid the peak times by starting your assignments early.
- If you consult one of the tutors, please take your course notes with you so that your problem may be efficiently handled. Furthermore, if you need help with a particular problem, please bring your rough work with you in order to help the tutor in identifying your difficulty.
- Since you will not learn very much if a tutor tells you how to solve a problem, please do not expect the tutors to show you a complete solution. Once you have been given a hint, you should work on your problem alone until you either complete it or need further assistance.
- Please do not use the Tutorial Centre either as a social club or as a lunch room.
- Please do not remove furniture from the Tutorial Centre.
- Other tutoring resources: The Student Life Centre (SLC) has a bulletin board for available tutors to advertise their services. See the Turnkey Desk in SLC for further information. Also students in need of private tutoring may want to check a list of tutors at Tutor Connect.
Tutorial schedules for the fall 2018 term
Below are the links to the schedules. The tutorial centre serves as a resource for all first- and second-year math courses in the fall 2018 term.