Visit us or request a brochure
You are invited to visit campus to see first hand what the University of Waterloo has to offer. Here are your visit and information options.
|On- and Off-Campus Events||Dates|
|Ontario Universities Fair – an opportunity to research Ontario universities, including Waterloo, at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC) in Toronto.||September 22-24, 2017|
|Fall Open House – an on-campus event for all future students.||November 4, 2017|
High school visits – when a Waterloo representative visits high schools.
|Fall and winter|
|Grade 10 Family Night – designed to help families begin preparations for university admissions.||February 2018|
|March Break Open House – an open house for applicants and students with offers of admission.||March 10, 2018
|You@Waterloo Day – an open house for admitted students.||May 27, 2017|
|Faculty of Mathematics tour||All year|
|Campus tours||All year|
|Virtual campus tour||All year|
|City of Waterloo||All year|
|Request or download brochures||All year|
An opportunity to research Ontario universities, including UWaterloo!
The Ontario Universities Fair (OUF) is held at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC). The OUF gives future students the opportunity to research all Ontario universities all under one roof.
An open house for all future students.
- Come visit the University of Waterloo! Take a tour of the campus, the university colleges, and all of our residences.
- You'll have an opportunity to learn more about our programs and life on campus and to speak with academic advisors and students.
Waterloo representatives visit high schools.
Waterloo representatives visit a large number of high schools each year. Their presentations include information about our programs of study, regular and co-op systems of study, admissions, scholarships, and life on campus. We encourage you to attend a session in or near your school. Find out when we'll be visiting your high school or area.
Designed to help families begin preparations for university admissions.
This event is designed to help families get started preparing for university admission. You'll hear from the director of admission about requirements, the director of student awards about preparing a budget and financing a university education, and from students about how to successfully make the transition to university.
An open house for applicants and students with offers of admission.
- This information-packed day is designed to give further insight to what's next in the admissions process and to the program(s) you have applied to. You'll hear directly from program advisors and current students.
- Attend presentations about the programs you've applied to and learn about first-year courses, academic options in upper years, and jobs graduates have obtained after completing their program. Learn about the co-op process and from co-op students and their work-term experiences.
- Meet academic advisors and professors who can answer your questions about the courses you'll be taking and your academic options.
- Speak to current students about life on campus and how you can get involved as early as first year.
- Visit the residences. Enjoy lunch on campus. See what life is like at Waterloo!
An open house for admitted students and students with offers of admission.
- You@Waterloo Day is for students who have multiple offers of admission and remain undecided about which offer to take. It's also for students who have made up their minds but want a closer look at campus and the residences, and want to talk with program advisors and financial advisors. This event precedes the deadline for confirming your choice of university with the OUAC.
- Faculty of Mathematics tours, campus tours, and tours of the residences all are available.
- Visit the Faculty of Mathematics information booth located in the Physical Activities Centre (PAC). Meet your academic advisor and students in your program. Get any remaining questions you have answered.
Faculty of Mathematics tours include classrooms, labs, study space, lounge areas, undergraduate office, tutorial centres, advising offices, and cafeterias, and are available Mondays through Saturdays at 1:30 pm. When you book your tour through the Visitor's Centre, mention that you would like to take the Math Faculty tour as well. A Math Faculty ambassador will meet you at the Visitors Centre at 1:30 and will have you back to the Visitors Centre by 2:30 pm. The ambassadors are able to answer most of your admissions, co-op, scholarship, contest, ELAS, and other academic questions. If they can't, they'll direct you to someone who can. Join us for this informative tour.
Monday to Saturday throughout the year.
- Join us for a student-led campus tour offered weekly, from Monday to Saturday. Tours last approximately one hour. Residence tours may be added upon request.
- Register for a tour or phone the Visitor's Centre 519-888-4567, ext. 33614 to make arrangements.
If you can't visit in person, or if you'd like to check out our campus before your visit, take our Virtual Campus Tour.
The University of Waterloo is surrounded by shops, restaurants, and world renowned IT industries in the City of Waterloo. Nearby are Waterloo Park, the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, and Uptown Waterloo, including grocery and specialty food stores, movie theatres, pubs, fabulous places to dine, and more. When you come to visit us on campus, be sure to set aside some time to check out our local amenities.