- Awarded to an undergraduate student in the Faculty of Mathematics.
- Awarded at the student's convocation.
- Nominated by the student's research supervisor.
In the April prior to the student's convocation from the University of Waterloo the following nomination package must be submitted:
- letter of support from supervisor to clarify why the student is deserving of the award and briefly describe the research completed during the supervision
- one page description of the research written by the student nominee
- curriculum vitae of the student
- (optional) if applicable, copies of research papers published or in submission, co-authored by the student nominee
Packages are submitted by the nominator. The nominee will be selected by the Faculty of Mathematics Research Advisory Committee in early May.
Awardee will be recognized at his/her convocation June/October as applicable. Awardee receives $1,000.
- This award can acknowledge research achieved by students at any time during their undergraduate career.
- If the student has accomplished outstanding research with more
than one supervisor, each supervisor should submit a separate letter.