Associate Professor, Systems Design Engineering
Phone: (519) 888-4567 ext. 37737
Office: DWE 2513B
Fax: (519) 746-4791
- BSc, Mechanical Engineering, Kuwait University, 1988
- MSc, Mechanical Engineering, University of Toledo, 1991
- PhD, Engineering Mechanics, University of Toledo, 1997
- Dynamics of MEMS
- Design of MEMS devices
- Multi-Body Dynamics and Control
- Modeling, Simulation and Design of MEMS
- Modeling and Simulation of Mechanical Systems
- A. H. Nayfeh, M. I. Younis, and E. M. Abdel-Rahman, “Dynamic Pull-in Phenomenon in MEMS Resonators,” Nonlinear Dynamics, 2007, 48: 153-163.
- F. Najar, S. Choura, E. M. Abdel-Rahman, S. El-Borgi, A. Nayfeh, “Dynamic Analysis of Variable-Geometry Electrostatic Microactuators”, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 2006, 16: 2449-2457.
- E. M. Abdel-Rahman and A. H. Nayfeh, “Contact Force Identification using the Subharmonic Resonance of Contact-Mode AFM,” Nanotechnology, 2005, 16: 199-207.
- A. H. Nayfeh, M. I. Younis, and E. M. Abdel-Rahman, “Reduced-Order Models for MEMS Applications,” Nonlinear Dynamics, 2005, 41: 211-236.
- M. I. Younis, E. M. Abdel-Rahman, and A. H. Nayfeh, “A Reduced-Order Model for Electrically Actuated Microbeam-Based MEMS,” IEEE Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, 2003, 12: 672-680.
University of Waterloo