Professor, Systems Design Engineering, Executive Director, Waterloo Centre for Automotive Research
Phone: 519-888-4567 x35341
Location: E3 4114
Fax: 519 746 4791
- Certificate in Applied Science, Acadia University, 1982
- BE, Technical University of Nova Scotia, 1984
- MASc, University of Waterloo, 1986
- PhD, University of Waterloo, 1990
- Dynamics of Mulitbody Systems
- Biomechanics and Sports Engineering
- Vehicle Systems Dynamics and Control
- Robotic and Mechatronic Systems
- Mechanisms and Machine Design
- Computational MEthods in Dynamics and Optimization
- Dynamics (SD 182)
- Modelling and Simulation of Mechanical Systems (SD 382)
- Advanced Dynamics (SD 553)
- Dynamics of Multibody Systems (SD 652)
- J. McPhee, Unified Modelling Theories for the Dynamics of Multidisciplinary Multibody Systems, Advances in Computational Multibody Systems, J. Ambrosio, ed., Springer-Verlag, 2005, pp.129-158.
- Y. He and J. McPhee, Application of Optimisation Algorithms and Multibody Dynamics to Ground Vehicle Suspension Design, International Journal for Heavy Vehicle Systems, vol.14, pp.158-192, 2007.
- M. Peasgood, E. Kubica, and J. McPhee, Stabilization of a Dynamic Walking Gait Simulation, ASME Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics, vol.2, pp.65-72, 2007.
- A. Izadbakhsh, J. McPhee, and S. Birkett, Dynamic Modeling and Experimental Testing of a Piano Action Mechanism with a Flexible Hammer Shank, to appear in ASME Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics, 2008.
- Y. Gonthier, J. McPhee, J. Piedboeuf, and C. Lange, A Regularized Contact Model with Asymmetric Damping and Dwell-Time Dependent Friction, Multibody System Dynamics, vol.11, pp.209-233, 2004.
University of Waterloo