- BEng (McGill)
- MASc (Ecole Polytechnique, Montreal)
- PhD (Western Ontario)
- design of prostheses (artifical limbs) and orthoses (braces)
- intelligent prosthetic and orthotic systems design
- wearable assistive robotic/orthotic systems
- human gait stability (modeling, measurement, analysis)
- 3D body surface measurment
- computer vision
- range-image registration
- vision-based 3D surface measurement systems
- optical system design, laser-camera range-sensor design, phase-shifting/fringe-projection measurement systems
- real-time range-sensors, full-field range sensors, hand-held range-sensors
- vision-based robot control, vision-based human-robot interfaces
- robot teleoperation
- human-robot interfaces, human-robot interaction
- human-guided robot learning
- vision-based robot control (visual serving)
- human-assistive/service robots
- ME 321 (Mechatronics) Kinematics and Dynamics of Machines
- SYDE 161 Introduction to Design
- SYDE 770 3D Computer Vision and Imaging
- Kofman, J., Verma, S. and Wu, X. (2007). Robot-Manipulator Teleoperation by Markerless Vision-Based Hand-Arm Tracking. International Journal of Optomechatronics, 1(3), 331-357.
- Jia, P., Kofman, J. and English, C. (2007). Multiple-Step Triangular-Pattern Phase-Shifting and the Influence of Number of Steps and Pitch on Measurement Accuracy. Applied Optics, 46(16), 3253-3262.
- Jia, P., Kofman, J. and English, C. (2007). Two-Step Triangular-Pattern Phase-Shifting Method for Three-Dimensional Object-Shape Measurement. Optical Engineering, 46(8), 083201, 1-9.
- Jia, P., Kofman, J. and English, C. (2007). Comparison of Linear and Nonlinear Calibration Methods for Phase-Measuring Profilometry. Optical Engineering, 46(4), 043601, 1-10.
- Yakimovich, T.S., Lemaire, E.D. and Kofman, J. (2006). Preliminary Kinematic Evaluation of a New Stance-Control Knee-Ankle-Foot Orthosis. Clinical Biomechanics, 21(10), 1081-1089.