- Doctorate of Philosophy in Chemical and Materials Engineering, Royal Military College of Canada, 2003
- Master of Science (Engineering), Queen’s University Kingston, 1988
- Bachelor of Engineering, Fuels and Materials Engineering, Military College of Canada, 1986
- Certificate in Environmental Assessment, Lakehead University, 1995
- Electro-chemical Power Sources in Vehicles (Battery and Fuel Cell Power Trains)
- Life Cycle Analysis of Batteries in Vehicles
- Electric Vehicle Power Train Design
- ChE 331 – Electrochemical Engineering
- ChE 571 – Industrial Ecology
- ChE 500 – Energy Production
- Liu H, Almansoori A, Fowler M, Elkamel A. Analysis of Ontario’s hydrogen economy demands from hydrogen fuel cell vehicles. Int J Hydrogen Energy 2012: 37 (11) pp. 8905-8916.
- Wilhelm E, Fowler M.W., Fraser, R.A., Stevens, M, In-the-loop validation of fuel cell vehicle control, International Journal of PowerTrains, Volume1, Number 2/2011, Oct 2011, pp 162-178.
- Koch AK, Fowler MW, Fraser RA. Implementation of a fuel cell plug-in hybrid electric vehicle and factors affecting transportation policy. Int J Energy Res 2011;35(15):1371-88.
- Hua C, Haliburton C, Wilhelm EJ, Mendez CJ, Stevens MB, Fowler M, Fraser RA. University of waterloo’s hydrogen fuel cell choice meets the reality of canada’s winter by using model-based design. SAE International Journal of Engines 2009;1(1):346-51.
- Wilhelm E, Stevens M, Mendes C, Wahlstrom M, Sellan D, Haliburton C, Fowler M, Fraser R, Optimization of a Fuel Cell Hybrid Powertrain, SAE Transcripts February 2007, 7PFL-748.
- Stevens MB, Mendes C, Fowler M, Fraser RA, Fuel Cell Hybrid Control Strategy Development, International Journal Of Automotive Technology (2006), Volume: SP-2006, Issue: 2, Pages: 821-838.