I'm a Ph.D. Student in the Department of Systems Design Engineering at the University of Waterloo. My current research focuses on designing an Upper Limb Exoskeleton (Biomechatronic Device) for workers and patients.
- Ph.D. in Systems Design Engineering, University of Waterloo (UW), Waterloo (Canada), Sept 2018 - now.
- M.Sc. in Mechatronics Engineering, K.N. Toosi University of Technology (KNTU), Tehran (Iran), Sept 2013 - Jan 2016.
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, Isfahan University of Technology (IUT), Isfahan (Iran), Sept 2009 - Sept 2013.
|Dynamics Modelling of Multibody Systems||Wearable Robotics|
|BioMechaTronics Design and Optimization||Human-Robot Interaction|
|Control Algorithm||Rehabilitation Systems|
|Artificial Intelligence||Sports Engineering|
- Designing a Passive Upper Limb Exoskeleton
- M. Ghanbari, M.R. Mousavi, S.A.A. Moosavian, A. Nasr, P. Zarafshan, "Experimental Analysis of an Optimal Redundancy Resolution Scheme in a Cable-Driven Parallel Robot", In Robotics and Mechatronics (ICROM), 5th RSI International Conference on, IEEE, 2017.
- M.R. Mousavi, M. Ghanbari, A. Nasr, S.A.A. Moosavian, P. Zarafshan, "Sensory Feedback Performance Improvement on RoboCab: An Experimental Approach to Wire Driven Parallel Robot", In Robotics and Mechatronics (ICROM), 4th RSI International Conference on, p. 477-482, IEEE, 2016.
- M.S. Nabipour, N. Arteghzadeh, S.A.A. Moosavian, A. Nasr, "Visual Servoing in a Cable Robot Using Microsoft Kinect v2 Sensor", In Robotics and Mechatronics (ICROM), 4th RSI International Conference on, ICRoM, pp. 560-565, IEEE, 2016.
- A. Nasr, S.A.A. Moosavian, "Multi-Criteria Design of 6-DoF Fully-Constrained Cable Driven Redundant Parallel Manipulator", In Robotics and Mechatronics (ICROM), 3rd RSI International Conference on, pp. 001-006, IEEE, 2015.
- M.R. Sajadi, A. Nasr, S.A.A. Moosavian, H. Zohoor, "Mechanical Design, Fabrication, Kinematic and Dynamic Modeling, Multiple Impedance Control of a Wrist Rehabilitation Robot", In Robotics and Mechatronics (ICROM), 3rd RSI International Conference on, pp. 290-295, IEEE, 2015.
- Y. Parandian, H.Z. Arabshahi, A. Nasr, S.A.A. Moosavian, "Time Optimized Digital Image Processing of Ball and Plate System Using Artificial Neural Network", In Robotics and Mechatronics (ICROM), 3rd RSI International Conference on, pp. 146-151, IEEE, 201
- A. Nasr, F. Asadi, K. Azami, S. Ziaei-Rad, "An Optimization of Trunk Angle in Biped Robots in Generating a Stable Path in Up-Stair Walking", Mechanical Engineering, the 23rd Annual International Conference on, ISME, 2015
- A. Nasr, S.A.A. Moosavian, "Multi-Objective Optimization Design of Spatial Cable-Driven Parallel Robot Equipped with a Serial Manipulator", Modares Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 29-40, (in Persian), 2016
- I have learned knowledge of different control algorithms and implementation method during courses such as Advanced Control Systems II (Adaptive and Robust Control), Control of Robots (Nonlinear and Impedance Control), Modern Control, Fuzzy Logic and Neural Networks, Parallel Robotics (Motion and Force Control), Control Systems Design, Mechatronics Laboratory I (Industrial Control and PLC), and Automatic Control, beside doing a great number of control projects.
- I am able to model dynamic systems, as well as, I benefit from experience in simulation of mathematical model and validation by SimMechanics (Simscape Multibody of Simulink/Matlab).
- I am familiar with haptic filed which is gained through my master thesis, which was about impedance control and human-robot interaction, and virtual reality, control of robots, and parallel robotics courses, and explored papers.
- I experienced in 3D position detection by vision processing in my master thesis as feedback position data of the object/platform.
- Projects in the field of parallel robots such as cable-driven, Stewart-Gough, and ball-and-plate brings the opportunity to familiarize and skilled in solving the challenges of parallel robots.
- I enjoy strong hands-on instrumentation skills and strong programming skills (C++, MATLAB/Simulink, LabVIEW).
- I am eager to write mathematical and programming complex algorithms in order to optimize, plan, and control a system.
- Besides, I benefit from strong communication skills in English (both written and oral) and excellent interpersonal skills and attitudes (friendly, helpful, and good-natured).
- Professional: MATLAB, Simulink (General, SimMechics, and Simscape Multibody), MapleSim, CATIA (Sketcher, Part Design, Assembly, and Drafting)
- Familiar with: LabVIEW, Minitab, Mathematica, SolidWorks, Inventor, OpenSim, ABAQUS, Simatic Manager, Codevision, ePLAN, and 20-Sim
General Software: Latex, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop, and Camtasia
Operating Systems: Windows, MacOS, and Linux
Programming Language: C/C++, Python, and Ladder logic
Programming Controller: AVR/Arduino and PLC (Siemens, Delta, and Vigor)
- Persian: (Native)
- English: TOEFL 98