There are numerous web sites throughout the world that focus on Alzheimer's disease or other related dementias.
The following organizations, all established as leaders in the field, are available to provide additional resources to our users.
- Alzheimer Society of Canada
- Alzheimer's Association, United States
- Alzheimer's Disease Education and Referral Center
- Alzheimer's Society, United Kingdom
- Alzheimer's Australia
- Alzheimer's Disease International
- Dementia Advocacy and Support Network (DASN International)
- Ontario Partnership on Aging & Development Disabilities
- Alzheimer Scotland
- Dementia Alliance International
- Demenciya (Russia)
In addition, the following organizations can provide additional resources for those who are in need of social services.
- Ontario Long Term Care Association
- Ontario Community Support Association
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Alzheimer Europe
- Alzheimer Research Forum
- Alzheimer Society of Toronto
- Dementia Research Centre
- Institute for Brain Aging and Dementia
- American Geriatrics Society
Other useful links:
- The Lewy Body Dementia Association, Inc.
- Canadian Coalition for Seniors' Mental Health | Research and Knowledge Exchange Network
- Concepts du Sablier (meaningful activity resources)
- Room 217 (therapeutic Music Resource)
- Assisted Living Way (guide to living with Alzheimer's disease)
- I CAN! I WILL! (innovative work in dementia care)
- Alzheimer's and Dementia Learning Center
- Housing for Seniors
- Theravive (network of licensed and professional counselors, therapists, and psychologists)
- Drug Dangers (Information on a range of medications and medical devices that have serious complications)
FreeDem Films (short films addressing brain health and dementia)
Alzheimers.net (online community for persons with dementia and partners in care that provides a way to connect with others and access information)
McMaster Optimal Aging Portal (scientific evidence about how to stay healthy, active and engaged for optimal aging)
211 (online database of community and social services)
Websites pertaining to Alzheimer's disease and dementia
For persons with dementia and their partners in care.
Compiled by: David Knight, Janet Knight and Frances Morton
For persons with Alzheimer's disease or another dementia
Dementia Advocacy and Support Network International (DASNI): “A worldwide organization by and for those diagnosed with dementia, working together to improve our quality of life.” Includes a “Chat Line,” shared by people around the globe who are living with early stage dementia.
For young people
For care partners
Elder Care Online: Elder Care Online provides links to information and feedback from supportive peers and professionals.
Empowering Caregivers: Empowering CaregiversTM includes articles, humour, inspirational comments, recommended reading, keeping a journal, and more for family, friends, and others who assist loved ones in need.
Alzheimer Society of Canada: Information from the Alzheimer Society of Canada plus excellent “Forums” for persons with the disease, families, and caregivers. Also a fascinating collection of original written and art work in Creative Space.
Alzheimer's Society - UK: Britain’s leading care and research charity for people with dementia, their families, and carers. The website features an online support and discussion forum called, Talking Point.
Healing Well: A volunteer run site, with a wide range of sound source material, for patients, caregivers, and families coping with diseases, including Alzheimer’s.
Alzheimer's Assosiation: Site of the National Alzheimer’s Society in the USA.
Facts, research, resources
National Institute on Aging: USA National Institute on Aging’s site. Facts and research findings.
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke: USA National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke houses information on many disorders including a very thorough information page on Alzheimer's disease.
USA National Library of Medicine: USA National Library of Medicine provides information on a variety of topics related to Alzheimer's disease.
Mayo Clinic: Leading USA medical centre’s site, with sound information.
Healthline - Health information website