The tools and resources on the Age Friendly Communities website will help guide your community towards developing solutions to become more age friendly – in a way that best suits your community’s unique needs.
This age friendly community approach:
- uses a set of value-based principles to guide all decision making since a one-size-fits all approach often will not work
- is built around three building blocks that will help you think more systematically and creatively about creating strong and supportive communities
- places a strong importance on collaboration, active participation and community engagement, especially for older adults
Tools and resources available on this website include:
- sector-based check-lists for assessing your community
- reflective questions to stimulate discussion and identify goals
- tips and strategies for creating age friendly communities
- links to helpful age friendly community resources
- examples of real-life strategies and solutions
For more information, see Age Friendly Communities.