What is LIVING the Dementia Journey?
LIVING the Dementia Journey (LDJ) is an award-winning, evidence-informed training program for those who support people living with dementia. Participants gain awareness and understanding that changes not only the way they view dementia, but the way they support people living with it.
The LDJ program:
- Increases understanding of dementia and provides a new perspective on the experience of living with it
- Applies a person-centred approach to provide individualized support
- Enhances skills in relationship-building to support individuals with compassion and respect
- Shares strategies to recognize, interpret, and respond to personal expressions (behaviours)
- Addresses ways to tackle boredom, loneliness, and helplessness by creating opportunities for meaning, purpose and growth
LDJ was created in collaboration with people living with dementia and their care partners. It provides a fresh perspective on dementia care and support based on real life experiences.
The program emphasizes the importance of shifting care and services to focus on a person’s strengths and abilities, and how each person can be supported in living life to the fullest.
The program includes presentations, individual reflections, small and large group discussions, and experiential learning to meet the needs of adult learners.
- 2-day interactive in-person training
- For team members working in long-term care homes, retirement homes, and those providing support for people living with dementia
- Fully explore the six program modules
- Have an increased understanding of dementia
Be able to implement learnings and strategies to support the well-being of people living with dementia
Note: Space is limited to 20 participants.
To Register, please visit the Living the Dementia Journey website.