We’re researching how businesses can engage people with dementia meaningfully and respectfully in the design, testing, and commercialization of apps intended for their use. For this research, we’re looking for people living with dementia to use, test, and provide feedback on a digital memory aid currently being developed. Follow the link for more information.
At the Murray Alzheimer Research and Education Program (MAREP), our mission is to maintain a partnership approach in the production of all our educational resources. We partner with the people whom we make these products for, to ensure that we are accurately representing them.
We are currently recruiting participants for the following projects:
- Engaging People Living with Dementia in Product Design, Testing, and Commercialization - A Case Study towards Developing Practice Standards
- A Circle of Music Intergenerational Choir
If you are interested in participating in any of these projects, please contact Lisa Loiselle.
Engaging People Living with Dementia in Product Design, Testing, and Commercialization - A Case Study towards Developing Practice Standards
We’re researching how businesses can engage people with dementia meaningfully and respectfully in the design, testing, and commercialization of apps intended for their use. For this research, we’re looking for people with dementia to use, test, and provide feedback on MemorySparx, a digital memory aid currently being developed by Emmetros Limited.
Researchers from MAREP will ask you about your experience working with Emmetros throughout the design, testing, and commercialization of MemorySparx.
How You Can Be Involved
- Usability study - Emmetros will book two 1-hour sessions with you. During the first session, we’ll work with you to prepare for the usability study that will take place during the second session. During the second session, we’ll ask you to complete tasks using the MemorySparx app; we’ll observe you and ask you questions about your experience. Schedule for usability testing: Oct 13 - Oct 27, 2016
- Product testing - Emmetros will ask you to use the MemorySparx app for 2 - 3 weeks. During the testing period, we’ll follow up with you regularly to collect your feedback. Schedule for product testing: Dec 7, 2016 - Jan 10, 2017
- Advising - Emmetros is creating an advisory group of people with dementia. We will meet with the group once a month for 1 – 2 hours. Advisory group meetings to start in Oct.
For more information, please contact Lisa Loiselle at MAREP, or refer to the following documents:
Looking for persons with dementia and partners in care to participate in the creation of an intergenerational choir. This choir will consist of people living with dementia, care partners, and high school students.
Purpose: To evaluate the benefits and impact of the choir on participants, and to develop best practices to share with similar intergenerational choirs. This exciting opportunity hopes to enhance the quality of life of those affected with dementia and to foster connections between generations.
Further information: A Circle of Music Intergenerational Choir page.