On Saturday, November 10, 2018, the Mike and Opelia Lazaridis Quantum-Nano Centre will host the fourth annual Waterloo Nanotechnology Conference (WNC). At this student-organized conference, students, Waterloo faculty, industry representatives and entrepreneurs will gather to learn from one another and discuss the exciting future of nanotechnology.
After opening remarks from Dr. Robert Lemieux and Dr. Pearl Sullivan, delegates will hear a keynote address by Max Mankin, CTO and co-founder of Modern Electron, a Seattle start up dedicated to generating cheap, modular and reliable electricity.
Throughout the day-long conference, delegates will also hear from these other speakers:
- Stuart Shaklan, Principle Engineering and Supervisor, NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Shirley Tang, Associate Professor, University of Waterloo
- Pierre Nicholas-Roy, Professor, Canada Research Chair, University of Waterloo
- Elena Polyakova, Co-CEO, Graphene 3D Lab
- Illan Kramer, Director of International Partnerships, University of Toronto