Course enrolment, also known as the Drop/Add Period, begins on July 30 and continues through September 21 (the last day to add classes for fall 2020). You will need to log into Quest to see your schedule.
Missing a MATH or CS course?
- Email the Math Undergraduate Office with your full name, Waterloo Student ID number and the course you are missing.
- Please note that we can only add you to the online courses.
Advanced courses (CS 145, MATH 145/147)
- Please note that the advanced courses are no longer open. Students may swap from these courses to the online honours level course but no further students can be enrolled in the advanced courses.
Missing a non-math elective?
- Follow the directions of how to add a course in Quest.
- Consult the list of courses that are available to first-year students.
- Check the Schedule of Classes to make sure there is space and the available space is not reserved for students in a particular program.
- If the class is based in the Faculty of Arts, consult their common enrolment issues page.
Missing a communications course?
- We were not able to enrol all incoming students into a List 1 communications course. Most people were then enrolled in their second choice for a non-math elective as a result.
- You will have an opportunity to take your List 1 communications course in Winter term/1B.
- It is unlikely that seats will open up in communications courses, but please see below for the requirements for adding those courses if space becomes available:
- EMLS 101R/102R/129R - you would need to add yourself to Renison's waiting list.
- ENGL 109 - you would need to add yourself to the ENGL 109 waiting list.
- SPCOM 100/223 - you will need to check the Schedule of Classes to see if space has opened up.
- For SPCOM 100, only LEC 043 through to LEC 056 are available to Math students
- For SPCOM 223, only LEC 046 through to LEC 059 and LEC 082 are available to Math students
If you continue to have issues and have read through the FAQs at the link above then please contact the Math Undergraduate Office by clicking the link below. Please be sure to include your full name and student ID number.