Thank you for interest in the Housing Fair at the University of Waterloo. We look forward to working with you! In order to set clear expectations for all participants, the following guidelines have been established before registering for the fair. Please read these carefully before registering.
Dates & Times
|Registration Open||October 12, 2017|
|Registration Deadline||December 7, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.|
|Housing Fair||January 31, 2018, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|Option #||Price||What's included||What's not included|
|1||$300||One (1) table, and one month listing on our OCH website, parking permit and welcome package|
|2||$50||One (1) flyer, and one month listing on our OCH website||Table, parking permit, welcome package, allowance into the SLC Great Hall|
- All vendors MUST follow the Residential Tenancies Act of 2006.
- Unregistered vendors/vendors who only paid for flyer are not allowed inside the great hall for the purpose of soliciting students, awareness of their property or anything related.
- Vendors are attending this fair to receive awareness on their properties, they are not attending this fair for the purpose of getting students to sign a lease on location, nor should they ask a student to sign a lease. Student must ask to sign a lease for the vendor to provide them with one.
- Your space will be provided with a 6 by 3 table, a tablecloth and a welcome package.
- Your welcome package will include but is not limited to
- Welcome sheet
- One (1) parking permit for lot X
- Two (2) name tags
- Two (2) Housing pens
- The Housing Fair is open from 11:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., please check-in no later than 10:30 a.m.
- We strongly discourage Vendors to pack up before 3:00 p.m.
- All vendors are required to stay within a 5 foot radius of their tables and should not solicit students more than 5 feet away from them as it disrupts flow and is unfair.
- Vendors are not permitted to play loud music or use air horns/megaphones to attract customers.
- We will try out best for each booth to have a close electrical outlet, however, please be prepared in the case that there is not.
- Displays must be tasteful and not encourage drinking, doing drugs or anything of that nature.
- Working animals such as see-eye dogs, service dogs or dogs used in law enforcement are the only animals permitted at the Fair.
Food and Decorations
- Any food items you plan to give away must be prepackaged and individually wrapped.
- There are many food options for vendors for lunch/snack in the Student Life Centre such as Tim Hortons, Subway, Pizza Pizza and many others. You are responsible for your own meals.
If you have any questions or for more information, please call the Off Campus Housing line at 519-888-4567, extension 35725 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and we look forward to your participation!