Housing and Residences | University of Waterloo

Housing and Residences provides useful information to both landlords and tenants. We provide maps and housing tips, and also run the Housing and Residences listing service.

Student Life Centre, Room 0134
University of Waterloo
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, Ontario
N2L 3G1

519-888-4567, ext. 32679

Waterloo Rental Housing Licenses

The City of Waterloo Rental House Licensing By-Law requires that any low-rise property to obtain a license before renting to a tenant. We will not list such a property without proof of license. You may contact the City of Waterloo for information regarding licensing and your accommodation.

Landlord and Tenant Board (LTB)

Formerly the Ontario Rental Housing Tribunal, the mission of the LTB is to resolve disputes between residential landlords and tenants by providing public education, mediation and adjudication services in a fair and timely manner. The LTB is also an excellent information source about tenant and landlord rights. They can be reached by telephone toll-free at 1-888-332-3234 or through their website.

Residential Tenancies Act 

As a landlord, you should familiarize yourself with the Residential Tenancies Act (formerly Tenant Protection Act).

Landlord Self-Help Centre

Landlord's Self-Help Centre is an incorporated non-profit organization that provides information, assistance and educational programs to Ontario's small scale landlords free of charge.

City of Waterloo Protective Services

Information on by-law enforcement, fire prevention, inspection services and lodging house licenses.

Ontario Small Claims Court