Weekly waste management tasks
Place your green bin, garbage, and recycling items on the curb:
- No earlier than 7 p.m. the night before collection,
- No later than 7 a.m. on collection day.
Don't forget to remove containers and any uncollectible items by 9 a.m. the day following collection.
- Green bin, garbage, and recycling items must be clearly visible,
- Items must be placed at the end of the driveway,
- Garbage CANNOT be collected if placed on top of, or behind snowbanks,
- Recycling is to be separated and placed into blue boxes; one for containers, the other for paper, cardboard, and plastic bags,
- Plastic is not allowed in the green bin.
What can go in the Blue Box?
Paper/ Bags Blue Box:
- Boxboard, corrugated cardboard
- Newspapers, magazines/catalogues, hardcover/paperback books
- Phone books
- Household paper
- Plastic grocery/retail bags
Please combine paper and plastic bags together to avoid litter.
Containers Blue Box:
- Aluminum foil wraps/trays
- Metal food/beverage containers
- Empty Paint/aerosol cans
- Drinking boxes, milk/juice cartons
- Plastic containers
What can go in the Green bin?
- All food scraps including bones, peelings, shells, baking and cooking ingredients, spoiled and raw and cooked food (remove all packaging, stickers)
small amount (no more than one cup per green bin) of liquids
- Paper plates, paper towels, facial tissue, greasy take-out paper packaging, paper baking cups, shredded paper
- Hair, nail clippings, fur, feathers, and wrapped pet waste
- Houseplants, cut flowers waste, natural greenery from wreaths (remove pots, wire, decorations)
- Wooden toothpicks
For more information, please visit the Region of Waterloo Waste Management website.