It is best to address your problem right away to ensure that you are happy and safe in your home. 

If you have a problem with your landlord, accommodation, or roommate(s), there are people and places where you can go for help. 


Campus Housing

Room 0134, Student Life Centre

ext. 32679

Waterloo Fire Department

216 Weber Street North


Property Standards Office

100 Regina Street South


Helpful resources

CLEO Publications 

  • Community Legal Education Ontario provides resources on issues such as eviction, rent increases, harassment & discrimination, maintenance & repairs, moving out etc.
  • It is possible for anyone, anywhere to experience a bed bug infestation. Regular inspection and cleaning can help prevent or discover an infestation in its early stages.
  • If you're buying used items, make sure to inspect item, and feel free to ask if the items were checked for bed bugs. Never bring discarded bed frames, mattresses, box springs, upholstered furniture or electronics into your home. These items may be infested with bed bugs.
  • A great site with fire prevention and safety tips.
  • A useful site with information on building permits, noise, etc.

Landlord Tenant Board  

  • Previously the Ontario Rental Housing Tribunal, the LTB provides legal information to help settle disputes between residential landlords and tenants.

Legal Aid Clinic Program

Legal Aid Ontario

Student Legal Protection Service

  • WUSA has partners with Studentcare to provide legal advice on any subject and representation on iissues relating to academic rights, co-op and employment, or housing and tenancy. Students can choose to opt into WUSA’s Student Legal Protection Program at the beginning of each term if interested.

Waterloo Region Community Legal Services 

  • Waterloo Region Community Legal Services (WRCLS) is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing legal services to those who meet our criteria for financial eligibility in the Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge area.