This Agreement is between the Information Provider and you. The following term govern your use of the Information.
Using Information under this Agreement
- Your use of Information indicates your acceptance of the terms and conditions below.
- The Information Provider grants you a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use the Information subject to the conditions below.
- This Agreement does not affect any copyright exceptions or limitations available under the Copyright Act (Canada).
You are free to:
- copy, publish, distribute and transmit the Information;
- adapt, modify or translate the Information; and
- use the Information commercially, for example, by combining it with other information, or by including it in your own product or application.
You must, where you do any of the above:
- you are not required to provide credit to the Information Provider when using Information under this Agreement; however, if you choose to do so, use this text in a suitable location, "Contains information provided by the University of Waterloo under license on an 'as is' basis";
- ensure that you do not use the Information in a way that suggests any official status or that the Information Provider endorses you or your use of the Information;
- ensure that you do not misrepresent the Information or its source; and
- ensure that your use of the Information does not breach or infringe upon any applicable laws.
- Personal Information;
- information or records that are not accessible pursuant to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act of Ontario;
- third-party rights the Information Provider is not authorized to license, if any; and
- the Information Provider's logos, trademarks, slogans or crests where they may be included in the Information.
- The Information is licensed 'as is' and the Information Provider excludes all representations, warranties, obligations and liabilities, whether express or implied, in relation to the Information.
- The Information Provider is not liable for any errors or omissions in the Information and will not, under any circumstances, be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or other loss, injury or damage caused by its use, even if specifically advised of the possibility of such loss, injury or damage.
- You shall at all times indemnify the Information Provider, its employees, agents, successors and assigns against all claims, damages and actions however made, based upon or attributed to any injury, infringement or damage arising out of your actions or omissions, your performance or non-performance under this Agreement or in any way arising from your use of the Information.