Opportunities to give
Are you interested in "making a difference"? Please consider making a gift toward the School of Optometry and Vision Science as we continue to grow and evolve with the profession. Your donation to either our $8 million clinic transformation project or to help advance other priorities at the School is truly appreciated. Contact Andrea Carthew to discuss opportunities or donate online with a one-time, a monthly or an annual gift. When contributing to the School of Optometry and Vision Science online be sure under designation to Select Other Projects, then identify your Area of Giving as the School and then select the project/fund you would like to support. We appreciate your consideration and thank you for your involvement!
Clinic transformation goals
- Create a more efficient environment in order to enhance student and patient experiences.
- Accommodate increased student and patient numbers through the creation of more teaching pods.
- Create new diagnostics and imaging suite to centrally house our specialty equipment.
- Enhance profile of the optical dispensary.
- Amalgamate clinics and bring them together onto the first floor to replicate how patient care is delivered in private practice.
- Modernize our facilities which were built in 1974 and better utilize space.
- Create a more collaborative approach to teaching, research and patient care.
- Anticipated cost: $8 million
The Waterloo School of Optometry provides its graduates with the knowledge, skills and judgement necessary to meet the demands of an evolving profession through constant curriculum and clinical program development."
A complete redesign of our optometry clinic is essential to ensure we can implement ongoing changes to our program in an optimal learning environment for our students. Such significant renovations to the clinic will further enhance optometric education for years to come.”
Dr. Lisa Christian,
Interim Associate Director for Clinical Affairs
This is a time of unprecedented growth and need at the Waterloo School of Optometry. You can help make a difference in the advancement of optometric education by making a donation to support our Clinic Renewal Project. In recognition of leadership donations, you can name a room in the newly created clinic.
Clinic exam rooms: $50,000 (each)
We have fond memories of the clinic and the profession has been good to us so we feel it is important to give back. By funding an exam room, we are able to contribute to the future of optometric practice.”
- George and Judy Woo
Clinic teaching pods: $250,000 (each)
By coming together as a class we inspired each other
to get involved and support the advancement of clinical
education through funding a clinic teaching pod.”
519-888-4567 ext. 36319