The School of Optometry & Vision Science, University of Waterloo is pleased to present our annual continuing education program on June 14, 15 and 16 with
- Hone your skills! Hands-on workshops
- Practical interactive lectures – pearls for Monday’s practice!
- Extend your CE hours – early morning breakfast talks
- Trade show – we bring the vendors you need right to you!
- Join us for a special Summer evening event on Saturday after a day of learning!
The 2019 CE weekend will offer a TPA-intensive program to refresh and update the primary care optometrist on glaucoma and ocular surface disease, including an interesting exploration into the overlap of these chronic diseases.
Information will be presented in a clinically practical and contemporary format that will be valuable to clinicians in all any and areas of optometric practice, and at any stage of their career.
All lectures (unless otherwise noted) will be Category A and COPE approved CE credit.
Optometric assistants and staff welcome!
The School is pleased to welcome back Optometric Assistants and staff with their own 1½ day program including a full day of informative lectures on Saturday, June 15. The 3-hour hands-on workshops for Sunday, June 16, will help new and experienced OAs and staff hone their spectacle skills. All hours for Optometric Assistants Continuing Education are subject to approval for accreditation through the CAO.
- Full 3-day program $675
- Any two days $475
- Any single day is $325
- Any half-day is $250
- Workshops are an additional charge. You must choose a program to register for a workshop.
- Optometric Assistant program is $120 per day.
- Part-time clinical supervisors at the School of Optometry (including clerkship program preceptors) receive a 40% fee reduction in regular CE associated fees.
- The Bobier and Woodruff Lectures may be attended by optometrists and optometric assistants at no charge. Registration is required for CE credit.
- Lecture notes will be available for downloading after you receive your registration confirmation from the system. No hard copies will be available.
- Provide your OE Tracker number when registering; the School of Optometry & Vision Science will send Continuing Education hours directly to ARBO.
- Certificates will be provided only for those without an OE Tracker number.
DEADLINE for registration, including workshops, is May 31, 2019.
Please join us on Saturday, June 15 after the lectures for an event to round off the day!
Throughout the CE weekend, there will be opportunities for you to participate through interactive lecture formats. To add to the excitement, your score will be tracked electronically to determine our ‘winner’ for each session. Challenge your classmates, your friends, and yourself as you learn.
Please also plan to join us for our annual commemoration of the Distinguished Dr. Clair Bobier and Dr. Emerson Woodruff Lectures.
Category B credit will be given for these sessions. This will not be part of the COPE lectures.
If you’re interested in adding to, or improving your skill set in dry eye diagnosis and management, scleral lens fitting, gonioscopy, or imaging, you’ll want to register early for these workshops. Experienced faculty and residents will provide the instruction, and registration will be limited to approximately 24 optometrists to allow for as much hands-on learning as possible.
The trade show and lunch continues to be very well received by both participants and exhibitors alike. This event held in the Commons will feature a variety of exhibitors highlighting various educational materials and equipment items on Saturday, June 15, from 12:30 to 2:30pm.
- 200 Columbia Street West
- on the north side of Columbia Street, across from the north entrance of the main campus.
Parking is available in Parking Lot “X” (behind the School) at no charge.
Optometric CE is held in room 1129, and Assistants CE is held in rooms 309 (Saturday) and 440 (Sunday).
The registration fee, less a $25 service charge, will be refunded if cancellation of registration is received at least 24 hours before the program begins.
CE 2019 Committee Members
- Elizabeth Reidt – 519-888-4567 Ext. 33177
- Sarah MacIver
- C. Lisa Prokopich
- Derek MacDonald
- Andrea Carthew
- Daphne McCulloch
- Yvan Bertrand