For September 2014 entry to the Optometry program: The on-line University of Waterloo/Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) application for September 2014 admission is now closed.
The first step of a formal application to the Optometry program is to apply online using the University of Waterloo/Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) site. The address for the site is below; however, please read the following material first.
All applicants to the Doctor of Optometry (OD) program will first apply on-line.
You will apply on-line in the year before you wish to enter the Optometry program.
For entry to the program in September of a given year, the on-line application and payment must be submitted before the September deadline in the preceding year, however, apply early. Dates for the current year are posted on the important dates page.
The on-line system will collect
- Program Choice: September 2014 entry in to Optometry
- Personal Information: Basic identification, citizenship, OAT status etc.
- Postal and E-mail Addresses
- Post-secondary Academic Background
- Transcripts: If you are attending an Ontario university:
- You must use the on-line system to request your current university transcripts. There is an extra fee.
- See the transcripts requirements page for more details.
The non-refundable application fee, $215, is paid when completing the on-line application. If applicable, there is an extra fee for requesting Ontario university transcripts.
After you submit online
Once you have submitted the on-line application and the fee, within a week you will receive an email from the OUAC. This email will confirm your on-line application.
Then within two weeks, you will receive an email from uWaterloo with two PDF files. One of these files contains the second part of the application; the Application for Admission to the School of Optometry.