I cannot login with my user ID and password. Am I doing something incorrect?
- You require a WatIam ID and password to register for workshops. If you do not know your WatIam credentials, please visit http://watiam.uwaterloo.ca/ to verify your account. Your e-mail address and your user ID may be different.
Are there any restrictions to registering?
- Our courses are open and free to all staff at UWaterloo, including temporary/contract employees (which includes co-op students).
- Space is a limitation, though, as our class sizes are limited. Due to the limited course availability, it is highly recommended that you register early.
- Employees of the Affiliated and Federated Institutions of Waterloo are subject to a departmental attendance fee of $75.
- Casual employees and student employees, typically, cannot enroll in OHD courses.
I deleted my e-mail notifcation. How do I confirm my enrollment in a workshop?
- You can view your enrollment status in Portal by selecting the 'Calendar' icon to scroll through the dates. Or select your profile (where there goose image is!) and it will list your enrolled events.
How do I remove myself from a course?
Simply log into Portal and update your registration accordingly. A new email notifcation of your cancellation will be sent to you. Prior to cancellation, please read our policies regarding cancellations.
- Cancellation policy: OHD requires 72 hours notice for cancellation . A departmental charge of $75 will be invoiced if you cancel less than 72 hours prior to a course, or do not show up for a class for which you are registered. If you cannot make it to a session, please give at least 72 hours notice to avoid this charge.
- NOTE: Being unable to attend due to family emergencies, illness, or inclement weather override this policy. Simply let us know if you cannot make or missed a course due to these reasons.
- No-Show Fees are departmental: OHD does not manage and cannot accept personal payments of any form as all our invoices are processed through Finance using departmental account numbers.
I am working here on a temporary contract (or, I am a co-op student), am I eligible to take the OHD training courses? Is there a cost?
Can a member of the Affiliated and Federated Institutions of Waterloo attend training courses? What is the cost?
- Yes, you may attend. Please note: Employees of the Affiliated and Federated Institutions of Waterloo are subject to a $75.00 departmental charge for each session you would like to attend. Note: Fee currently waived during virtual workshops.
- We will issue an invoice through Finance within 30 days after confirmed course completion.
Where can I find more information on the University of Waterloo's policy on training and development?
- This specific information can be found on the University's Policies, Procedures & Guidelines website under Policy 18, listed under Training and Development.
I have to leave my workshop early. Do I need to attend the whole session? What if I am running late?
- Yes, we do require all our attendees to stay for the duration of the workshops to obtain credit. We appreciate that people are busy. If you cannot attend the entire course, we ask that you excuse yourself from registration prior to the start of the course. Please review our policies on cancelling and how to remove yourself from a course.
- Futhermore, late attendees may not be permitted at the discretion of the workshop facilitator. Please be on time for workshops.
Training & Development
My department would like to attend an OHD training program as a team/group/ Do we need to register individually, or can we have our own session?
- OHD is happy to offer customized training for departments. Please fill out our Custom Workshop and Facilitation Request Form with your request, and OHD will work with you to meet your requirements.
I have an idea for a course that I would like to see offered at the University of Waterloo. Who should I tell?
- Please feel free to contact any contact OHD. We would be happy to hear your ideas.
My training history on Workday says my workshop was 'Unsuccessful' but I completed it. Why is that?
This “unsuccessful” is about course data itself, not about the individual’s attendance. We apologise for any confusion.
A little bit more explanation: Courses that were on MyHRinfo (the previous Human Resources Management Software) had to be converted and imported to Workday. Only course offerings with track attendance and grades turned on show as successful in Workday.
OHD workshops converted to Workday only had attendance. With no grade entered, the workshops will show as unsuccessful. Again, it is about the workshop itself, not about you as the attendee.
Your attendance is logged and recorded under the Career area of your profile on Workday. Log in, look for the cloud icon in the upper right-hand side of the screen, select view profile, then select Career at the end of the side menu to see your learning records.
Other questions? Please contact OHD.