I cannot login with my user ID and password. Am I doing something incorrect?
- You require a WatIam ID and password to register for workshops. If you do not know your WatIam credentials, please visit http://watiam.uwaterloo.ca/ to verify your account. Your e-mail address and your user ID may be different.
Are there any restrictions to registering?
- Our courses are open and free to all staff at UWaterloo, including temporary/contract employees.
- Space is a limitation, though, as our class sizes are limited. Due to the limited course availability, it is highly recommended that you register early.
- Employees of the Affiliated and Federated Institutions of Waterloo are subject to a departmental attendance fee of $75.
- Casual employees and student employees, typically, cannot enroll in OHD courses.
I deleted my e-mail confirmation. How can I tell what I am registered in?
- You can view your enrollment status in Workday under 'Learning.'
How do I remove myself from a course?
You can now cancel your registration through Workday*.
* Prior to cancellation, please read our policies regarding cancellations.
- Cancellation policy: OHD requires 72 hours notice for cancellation . A departmental charge of $75 will be invoiced if you cancel less than 72 hours prior to a course, or do not show up for a class for which you are registered. If you cannot make it to a session, please give at least 72 hours notice to avoid this charge.
- NOTE: Being unable to attend due to family emergencies, illness, or inclement weather override this policy. Simply let us know if you cannot make or missed a course due to these reasons.
- No-Show Fees are departmental: OHD does not manage and cannot accept personal payments of any form as all our invoices are processed through Finance using departmental account numbers.
A copy of my e-mail confirmation go to someone who isn't my supervisor. How can this error be fixed?
- Sounds like the "report's to" info hasn't been correctly entered/updated in Workday Notifications are automated and based on this information. This issue could be be a variety of reasons: Positions are sometimes authorized by higher levels in an department, and it is taking those people as the reporting structure (higher managers and directors, instead of a person's supervisor). As well, if the reporting structure has not been properly reported to HR, then it defaults to the department head or higher manager. Or, a new employee hasn’t been listed as the supervisor. At times, this might be a delay based on time to update the profiles.
- As such this is a HR matter. I would suggest that you and/or your manager contact your Human Resources Parnters to have this information updated. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your department.
I am working here on a temporary contract, am I eligible to take the OHD training courses? Is there a cost?
Can a member of the Affiliated and Federated Institutions of Waterloo attend training courses? What is the cost?
- Yes, you may attend. Please note: Employees of the Affiliated and Federated Institutions of Waterloo are subject to a $75.00 departmental charge for each session you would like to attend.
- We will issue an invoice through Finance within 30 days after confirmed course completion.
Where can I find more information on the University of Waterloo's policy on training and development?
- This specific information can be found on the University's Policies, Procedures & Guidelines website under Policy 18, listed under Training and Development.
I have to leave my workshop early. Do I need to attend the whole session?
- Yes, we do require all our attendees to stay for the duration of the workshops to obtain credit. We appreciate that people are busy. If you cannot attend the entire course, we ask that you excuse yourself from registration prior to the start of the course. Please review our policies on cancelling and how to remove yourself from a course.
Training & Development
My department would like to attend an OHD training program as a team/group/ Do we need to register individually, or can we have our own session?
- OHD is happy to offer customized training for departments. Please fill out our Customized Staff Workshop Request Form with your request, and OHD will work with you to meet your requirements.
I have an idea for a course that I would like to see offered at the University of Waterloo. Who should I tell?
- Please feel free to contact any OHD staff member. We would be happy to hear your ideas.
Other questions? Please contact OHD at extension 30238.