We all know that a performance review is a critical driver in employee performance and motivation. These important conversations need to be ongoing where personal goals, workplace targets, and performance matters can be closely explored and keep all involved in the performance process motivated and engaged. This workshop will convey the value of coaching as a tool for managers and supervisors to help foster a culture of lifelong learning, moving from a model of performance appraisal to one of performance coaching, focusing on having meaningful, ongoing conversations with employees specific to their performance.
The workshop is set up in two separate components that:
- Address the basic steps in conducting a performance conversation including a review of available resources and tools
- Generate conversations about common performance related scenarios that will include the opportunity to ask questions and gather feedback from the group.
This course is for supervisors and managers, including staff who supervise students and faculty who supervise academic staff.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify the components of the University’s performance appraisal process.
- Employ methods that promote coaching and ongoing support for staff development that are aligned to the University of Waterloo policies.
- Recognize the tools and resources available to managers/supervisors and employees through the Human Resources
For information on how to register, please review the quick course registration guide.
Note: There are currently no costs associated with taking OHD Courses. Casual employees, typically, cannot enroll in OHD courses.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about this matter.