This workshop focuses having meaningful, ongoing conversations with employees, specific to their performance. This workshop will convey the value of coaching as a tool for managers and supervisors to help foster a culture of lifelong learning, moving from a model of performance appraisal to one of performance coaching. The workshop is set up in two separate components that:
- address the basic steps in conducting a performance conversation including a review of available resources and tools
- generate conversations about common performance related scenarios that will include the opportunity to ask questions and gather feedback from the group.
This course is for supervisors and managers, including staff who supervise students and faculty who supervise academic staff.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify the components of the University’s performance appraisal process.
- Employ methods that promote coaching and ongoing support for staff development that are aligned to the University of Waterloo policies.
- Recognize the tools and resources available to managers/supervisors and employees through the Human Resources
For information on how to register, please review the quick course registration guide.
Note: There are currently no costs associated with taking OHD Courses. Casual employees, typically, cannot enroll in OHD courses.
Please contact email@example.com if you have questions about this matter.