Grand River Transit (GRT) corporatepass
for University of Waterloo employees
Frequently asked questions
- The GRT corporate pass is a discounted transit pass for Waterloo Staff, CUPE and Faculty.
• It costs less: $69.70 per month.
• More convenient:
-a special photo ID corporate card will be issued to all participants
-monthly fee is deducted directly through payroll.
-no need to purchase money tickets
- All full and part-time permanent staff, CUPE, and faculty employees of the University of Waterloo are eligible.
- Grad Students, College employees, non permanent staff or employees on casual earnings
- The GRT corporate pass program at Waterloo is being organized by the Waterloo Staff Association (UWSA), in conjunction with Parking Services, Human Resources and Finance. Please note that the program is available to all staff (as noted above) and is not limited to UWSA members.
- Parking Services will handle individual enrolments – but you will then need to go to a GRT facility to get your photo identification. Parking Services is located in the Commissary Building on Ring Road,
- No, this program cannot be used for the winter only.
- Yes, you will receive documentation at tax time from Waterloo to use on your tax return.
- No, not at this time.
- Yes, TravelWise member organizations have the opportunity to purchase discounted Grand River Transit passes. You can receive a discounted rate on a regular monthly pass, which increases with the length of time that you commit. This option, for example, gives employees the option of signing up for shorter amounts of time during the winter. All purchases for TravelWise permits are to be purchased online. The permit will then be sent to Parking Service's who will then provide the pass to the individual. For information please go to the GRT TravelWise web site.