NOTE: COVID-19 update regarding your Corporate Pass and TravelWise
Grand River Transit has provided the following information regarding pass holders during this time.
- No new Corporate Pass account requests will be accepted at this time (current passholders can still reload their cards online or on ION platforms if they choose to)
- The carpool matching portal on gotravelwise.ca has been temporarily suspended
Region of Waterloo Public Health is monitoring local cases of the novel coronavirus: COVID-19. Stay informed and visit www.regionofwaterloo.ca/COVID19 for more information.
How to get your GRT corporate pass
NOTE: COVID - 19 UPDATE - GRT has recently announced free service to all, this will be in effect until May 31 2020 & includes GRT buses, ION and MobilityPLUS. All staff who hold a GRT corporate pass, payroll deductions have been suspended till end of May.
We will reassess come June 1st and thereafter.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your new fare card and join the Corporate Pass program. Include a photo of you, your home address, and company name so staff can create your card.
- Pick up your fare card at work from your Workplace Coordinator. For the University of Waterloo, this is Parking Services.
- Visit grteasygofarecard.ca and create an online account.
- Add the Corporate Pass to your card account and pay with credit or debit.
- Ready to Ride! Simply tap your card on the bus farebox or the ION light rail platform card reader and be on your way.
For any questions or concerns, please contact:
Phone: (519)575-4400 ext. 7349
Frequently Asked Questions
For additional questions please visit the corporate pass website.
Your fare card will be shipped to your TravelWise Workplace Coordinator before the end of the month. You will need to set up an online account and load your Corporate Pass before you ride transit.
All Corporate Passes will be sent to Parking Services which is located in GSC 1112 beside Key Control. We are open Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Please bring a piece of photo ID to pick up your Corporate Pass.
Once you create an online easyGO fare card account, you can choose to autorenew your Corporate Pass each month. If you only need your Corporate Pass for certain months, log in and load the pass only when you need it.
You can also load Stored Value onto your card, which will deduct the "ticket price" when you tap on transit.
If you have a valid Corporate Pass and Stored Value on your card, the card reader will recognize your pass and not subtract from your Stored Value.
The GRT Corporate Pass will save you 15% on your monthly transit pass versus the regular adult rate provided by GRT. The current rate is $76.50.
Yes - if you only need your Corporate Pass for certain months, you can log in prior to each month you need the pass.