Online parking services (including ticket payments, permit purchases, etc.) will be offline for the duration of December 27th, 2013. For other University services that will be unavailable during this time please see below:
What is being done? Two NetApp servers (netapp1 and netapp2) will be taken offline to cluster the devices and upgrade the operating systems. Effort will be made to reduce the outage to the minimum required.
What will be impacted?
- Computers that require connections to network-based profiles or drives will not function well (this includes most office computers in Academic Support areas and in some faculties)
- Network drives and roaming profiles will not be available
- Some services will be offline (see below).
- WCMS staging sites (pilots) - WCMS live sites will be available (but not editable)
- Quest (SiSP Crystal CS9)
- Student Portal
- E-commerce (fortuna - university ecommerce application)
- ePortfolio (LEARN application)
- Ad Astra Scheduling
Area specific systems affected:
- Alumni (Netcommunity Web service, Blackbaud, MS Reporting services)
- Athletics (Fusion)
- Central Stores (AGILE Shipping & FSMS Auxiliary service, Trackit App)
- Centre for Extended Learning web stack (woodland, mink, muskrat, skunk, cel-linex-prod-*)
- Communications and Public Affairs application server (radon)
- Environment (ArcGIS, Postres Teaching)
- Finance (farecomm application)
- Food Services (Sabertooth App)
- Grad Office (inteum)
- Health Services (CIS PNP Lifelabs)
- IST (Adobe connect, Open Data, IRC, git, subversion, ITMS classroom monitoring, D2L Mgmt server, Team Foundation)
- Institutional Analysis & Planning (Tableau, cognos)
- Marketing and Undergrad Recruitment application server (jabber)
- Math (survey)
- Parking (epark - parking application)
- Registrar (Infosilem Scheduling iris)
- Research (Inteum for intellectual property ORR, Grant Mgmt App)
- Retail Services (Avanti printing services, Student printing)
- Safety Office (parklane application)
When it is being done? Friday December 27, 2013 between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
Actual outage is being worked on - there is limited capacity for machines to remain up. This is the only time of year we can take things down for multiple hours like the above time frame. Effort will be made to reduce the outage to the minimum required.
Questions/concerns? Please contact Jason Gorrie, firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 37842.