NSERC USRA awards provide funding for undergraduate students to complete a research term under teh supervision of a University of Waterloo researcher whose research is funded by NSERC. The awards are valued at $4,500 plus a 25% contribution from the researcher and are valid for a 16 week period. Interested students are encouraged to contact a research supervisor to discuss potential projects.
To be eligible to apply for an award, you must:
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada;
- be registered, at the time you apply, in a bachelor's degree program at an eligible university; and
- have obtained, over the previous years of study, a cumulative average of at least second class (a grade of "B" or "B-," if applicable) as defined by your university.
- have not already held 3 USRA awards and 3 Industrial USRA awards throughout your undergraduate university career
- you have not already held one university USRA and only one Industrial USRA during the fiscal year (April 1 to March 31).
- if you already have an undergraduate degree and are studying toward a second undergraduate degree, you are eligible.
To hold an award, you must:
- have completed all the course requirements of at least the first year of university study (or two academic terms) of your bachelor's degree;
- have been registered in at least one of the two terms immediately before holding the award in a bachelor's degree program at an eligible university;
- not have started a program of graduate studies in the natural sciences or engineering at any time; and
- be engaged on a full-time basis in research and development activities in the natural sciences or engineering during the tenure of the award.
|Term||Pharmacy application deadline|
|Spring||February 1, 2017|
|Fall||June 1, 2017|
|Winter||October 1, 2017|