The following resources are available to faculty and student researchers undertaking research projects at Waterloo Pharmacy:
The School of Pharmacy has its own library located on the lower level of the pharmacy building. Online pharmacy research guides are maintained by our liaison librarian. The liaison librarian is also available to provide one-on-one research assistance, as needed.
The graduate students library website provides an overview of available library services, such as interlibrary loans and equipment loans, and explains how to find and access research material.
The Statistical Consulting and Collaborative Research Unit, located within the Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science, provides free statistical advice to faculty, staff, and students working on research problems.
Faculty and staff from the Statistical Consulting Service will be pleased to help with:
- Designing experiments, surveys, and other studies.
- Monitoring intermediate stages of long-term projects.
- Analyzing data, and interpreting results.
- Using statistical software packages such as Statistical Analysis System (SAS) or IBM SPSS Statistics (SPSS).
- Contacting an expert in the particular area of statistics or mathematics which you wish to use.
- Arranging a presentation on a statistical topic.
Feiyu Zhu is available to provide statistical advice to faculty, staff and current students working on research problems on site in Pharmacy PHR 5009.
Feiyu will take appointments on September 5, October 3 and November 28, 2019 from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm (if she has no appointments, she won’t be at Pharmacy). Appointments can be scheduled directly with Feiyu by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling her at 519-722-7386.
Writing and communication centre
The Writing and Communication Centre offers many services to support students as they develop their writing skills. These services are available to help you:
- Organize your thoughts and ideas
- Communicate your ideas with clarity
- Persuade your audience
- Incorporate your research and cite your sources
The Writing and Communication Centre offers:
- One-on-one appointments
- Library drop-in appointments
- Graduate student programming
- Online resources
- Faculty support
Katelyn Cousteils, Writing and Multimodal Communication Specialist, STEM Resource, is available for appointments on-site at Pharmacy every other Thursday morning from 9:00 am to 11:00 am from September 19 until December 12, 2019. Follow the instructions on this link to book an appointment through WCOnline. You can book an appointment up to four weeks in advance but please note that same day appointments are not permitted. If Katelyn has no appointments, she will not be at Pharmacy.