The Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs office (GSPA) works closely with the faculties, academic departments, the Office of Development and external agencies to develop and promote competitive-based scholarships and awards.
Many of our graduate students are successful in their applications for federal and provincial external scholarships through Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), the Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) Program, or the Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology (QEII-GSST) Program. You are encouraged to apply for internal and external awards for which you may be eligible.
Graduate awards that Pharmacy students have applied for/held
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research Canada Graduate Scholarship
- Doctoral Thesis Completion Award
- Mackenzie King Scholarships
- Merck Frosst Biochemistry Award
- Mitacs Globalink Research/Partnership Awards
- Nanotechnology Fellowships
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council - Canada Graduate Scholarship
- Natural Sciences Engineering Research Council Postgraduate & Canada Graduate Scholarships Doctoral
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship and the Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology
- Ontario Trillium Scholarship
- President's Graduate Scholarship
- In Pharmacy, the PGS match is paid as a Science Graduate Award (SGA) or in TAships (for those who are not eligible for the SGA).
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
- W.B Pearson Medal
Pharmacy specific graduate awards
Certain internal and external awards are specific to Pharmacy Graduate Students, including:
- AFPC Canadian Foundation for Pharmacy Graduate Student Award for Pharmacy Practice Research
- AFPC Whit Matthews Graduate Student Poster Award
- AFPC/Merck Canada Inc. Postgraduate Pharmacy Fellowship Award
- Christine & David Edwards Graduate Studies Travel Award
- Students must apply for the Graduate Studies Research Travel Assistantship to be considered for this award.
- Drug Safety and Effectiveness Cross-Disciplinary Training (DSECT) Program
- Donald J. & Kathleen D. McDougall Graduate Scholarship
- Gattefossé Canada/CSPS Award in Lipid-Based Drug Delivery
- School of Pharmacy Annual Graduate Awards