Rosemary’s background includes community pharmacy practice, health program management, as well as experience in medical writing and publishing. Her current position is focused on the design and delivery of educational programs for pharmacists and other healthcare professionals.
Office: PHR 6006
Phone: 519-888-4567, ext.21320
- Distance education & continuing professional development for health professionals
- Health promotion/Health literacy
- Medical writing/Knowledge translation
Her current research interests include medical/pharmacy education, use of technology in education, recognition of prior learning, health promotion and health literacy.
Nagge JJ, Killeen RM, Jennings B. The use of a course pilot in the development of an online problem-based learning (PBL) therapeutics course in a post-professional PharmD program. Curr Pharm Teach Learn 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cptl.2017.10.005.
Killeen RM, Schneider EF, Waite NM. Developing a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process for Implementation in a PharmD bridging program. Poster session presented at Canadian Pharmacists Association Conference. Saskatoon, SK, Canada. June, 2014. Available: http://cph.sagepub.com/content/147/4/S1.full.pdf+html.
Stanbrook MB, Killeen RM. Canada falls short on safeguarding its drug supply. CMAJ 2012. DOI:10.1503/cmaj.121196.
Tsuyuki RT, Semchuk W, Poirier L, Killeen RM et al. 2006 Canadian Hypertension Education Program Guidelines for the management of hypertension by pharmacists. Can Pharm J DOI:10.1177/17151635061390S305
Awards and Distinctions
- Canadian Association of University Continuing Education 2017 Program Award for Non-credit Programming under 48 hours (Waterloo Centre for Extended Learning)
- Canadian Association of University Continuing Education 2016 Program Award for Non-credit Programming under 48 hours (with Waterloo Centre for Extended Learning)
- Pharmacist of the Year (2001) PharmaPlus Drugmart
Professional Associations and Service
Rosemary is a part-time clinical pharmacist at the Kitchener Downtown Community Health Center. She is a member of the Ontario Pharmacists Association and the Region of Waterloo Pharmacists Association.
1982 Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy University of Toronto
2015 Postgraduate Certificate in Public Health (Health Promotion) University of London, UK