Centre for Career Action: Graduate Career Communications and Project Assistant
Applications for the Graduate Career Communications and Project Assistant position are due Friday, May 17 at 4pm.
Sessional Instructors - Philosophy - Concordia University
The Faculty of Arts and the Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies at Concordia University of Edmonton invites applications for Sessional Instructor positions in the area of Philosophy starting September 3, 2019 and/or January 6, 2020, respectively, for the Fall and/or Winter semesters.
Philosophy 101/201: Introduction to Ethics (two sections Fall, three sections Winter Term)
Philosophy 102/202: Introduction to Philosophy (two sections Fall Term)
Philosophy 125: Introduction to Logic (one section Fall Term)
Philosophy 241: Western Philosophy – Modern (one section Winter Term)
Philosophy 215/415: Epistemology (one section Winter Term)
Rel. Studies 373: Contemporary Issues in Religious Ethics (one section Winter Term)
- Preparing relevant weekly instructional sessions and testing material.
- Instructing, teaching, and proctoring exams.
- Collection, marking, and correction, of assignments.
- Marking and grading of exams and assignments, etc.
- Providing constructive feedback to students.
- Maintaining regular office hours.
- Bringing both informed professional practice and academic scholarship to the program.
- An M.A or PhD in Philosophy (required).
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching, evidenced through student evaluations at the bachelor level (required).
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in English (required).
- Experience using a learning management system, such as Moodle (an asset).
- Empathetic approach to the instructional needs and concerns of students (required).
- Successfully passing a security clearance check (required).
Interested individuals may contact the Philosophy Coordinator, Dr. Jonathan Strand, for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org. All application materials, however, must be sent to the address below.
Closing Date: Application review will commence immediately and will continue until the positions are filled. Concordia is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
Application packages must include:
- Curriculum vitae
- A letter describing teaching philosophy
- Recent teaching evaluations, if available
- Two professional and/or post-secondary references.
Please forward all documents in electronic format to:
Concordia University of Edmonton
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.