2015-2016 PGSA Executive:
Co-Presidents: Dylon McChesney and Adam Mantha
Administrator: Kathryn Morrison
Co-Treasurers: Sandie DeVries and Jamie Sewell
PhD Representative: Jim Jordan
MA Representative: Vanessa Lam
GSA Representative: Phillipe Beriault
Conference Organizers: Phillipe Beriault, Blake Freier, Vanessa Lam
Philosophy Graduate Student Conference
The PGSA (Philosophy Graduate Student Association) will hold their 24th annual conference on March 9 & 10, 2017. Dr. Mazviita Chirimuuta (University of Pittsburgh) will deliver the keynote address.
List of conference talks:
- Michael Regier, University of Windsor, "Rebellious Subjects: Ricoeur and Kierkegaard on Resisting Ideological Identities."
- Megan Feeney, Rutgers University, "On the Scope of Immediate Perceptual Justification."
- Jonathan M. Vajda, Western Michigan University, "Berkeley’s Concrete General Ideas and the Problem of Universals."
- Jared Park, Western Michigan University, "Structural Realism: Metaphysical and Epistemological Problems."
- Nathaly Garcia, Northern Illinois University, "The Generation of Knowledge and Justification Through Testimony."
- Daniel DeFranco, Tulane University, "What Can Spinoza Teach Us About the Phantom Limb?"
- Josie E. Richards, University of Windsor, "The Silencing Effect of Reactionary Rhetoric: Black Lives Matter, No All Lives Matter!"
- Bowen Chan, University of Toronto, "Creating a Catalogue of Virtues: Humanity, Society, and Taste in Hume’s Moral Philosophy."
- Jamie Shaw, University of Western Ontario, "An Open Pluralism and its Enemies: Reconsidering Feyerabend’s Anarchism About Science."