Areas of interest
Philosophy of science, science policy, expertise in democratic societies, science communication, values in science, responsible innovation
Additional work can be found on my personal website.
- “Values in Science.” In The Oxford Handbook of Philosophy of Science, edited by Paul Humphreys, 609–630. New York: Oxford University Press. (2016)
- “Reshaping Science: The Trouble with the Corporate Model in Canadian Government.” Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists 71: 88–97. (2015)
- Science, Policy, and the Value-Free Ideal, University of Pittsburgh Press, (2009).
- Master’s Thesis Director, David Isaac (2015) “Values and Co-production: Examining the Interface of Indigenous Peoples’ Understandings and Scientific Understandings”
- Balsillie School of International Affairs Professor and Convener of the Science & Health Policy Research Cluster
- Waterloo Institute for Sustainable Energy Associate Director
- Science, Technology, & Society Teaching Group Coordinator
- AAAS Fellow
Office: HH 320