Areas of interest
History of philosophy (especially early modern and classic pragmatism), philosophy of sex and gender, feminist philosophy, pedagogy, equity in academe, social philosophy, academic freedom.
- Beyond the Binary: Thinking About Sex and Gender. Peterborough: Broadview, 2016.
- “A Harm Reduction Approach to Abortion.” Without Apology: Writings on Abortion in Canada. Ed. Shannon Stettner. Edmonton: Athabasca University Press, 2016, 317-332.
- “A House At War Against Itself: Absolute Versus Pluralistic Idealism in Spinoza, Peirce, James and Royce.” British Journal For the History of Philosophy 23.4 (July 2015) 710-731.
Selected grants, fellowships, awards
- Distinguished Teacher Award 2018
- SSHRC (Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada) Standard Research Grant, “The river of pragmatism: Spinoza, Berkeley, Kant and Peirce,” (2010-2013).
- Province of Ontario's Leading Women Building Communities Award (2012).
- Peirce and pragmatism
- Philosophy of Harm Reduction
- Social metaphysics
- Member, Women's Studies Program