Areas of Interest
Philosophy of Language, Social Epistemology, Critical Thinking, Philosophy of Mind/Cognitive Science
Please see my personal webpage for papers in progress.
- 2016. Oral history and the epistemology of testimony. Social Epistemology 30.1: 45-66.
- 2014. Critical thinking education and debiasing. Informal Logic 34.4: 341-363. (Co-author: Guillaume Beaulac)
- 2013. The informational richness of testimonial contexts. The Philosophical Quarterly 63.250: 58-80.
Selected grants, fellowships, awards
2014: Association for Informal Logic and Critical Thinking Essay Prize (‘Critical thinking education and debiasing,’ co-authored with Dr Guillaume Beaulac.)
2012: University of Waterloo Distinguished Teacher Award.
2011-14: Social Sciences and Humanities Research CouncilStandard Research Grant, ‘Testimony, assertion, and justification.’
- Reasonable Assertions: On Norms of Assertion and Why You Don't Need to Know What You're Talking About
- An Examination of the Moral Authority of Use of Advance Directives with the Alzheimer's Dementia Population
- Rigid Designation, The Modal Argument, and the Nominal Description Theory