Frequently asked questions

Are there any scholarships or bursaries?

Yes. Student awards are all handled by the student awards and financial aid office. Faculty specific scholarships, eligibility rules and application procedures are all outlined on the Student awards & Financial aid website.

What happens if I am very ill during the exam period?

You should notify your instructor as soon as possible. A Verification of Illness form needs to be completed by a doctor and delivered to the Science Undergraduate Office (ESC 253).

The procedures for accommodation due to illness are outlined at the office of the registrar, and again at the Science Undergraduate office.

Is there a set of guidelines for work term reports?

The Faculty of Science uses basic guidelines for co-op work term reports. All of the current work term report requirements may be found in the Science Undergraduate office.

Where is my TA's office?

If you know your TA's name, or even only part of their name, you can use the WatIAm white pages to look them up. There should also be a way of contacting your TA through LEARN.

If I've lost something, where might I find it?

Where you should look for something often depends on where you've lost it. Often, lost articles in the Physics building are turned in at the main office. If there is a way of identifying the owner, we try to contact them by email, and hold the article until they come to claim it. Otherwise, the lost articles are turned in to the University lost and found maintained by UW Police in the General Services Complex.

Other places to look include the Turnkey desk in the Student Life Centre, and the Equipment desks in the Physical Activities Complex or Columbia Ice Fields.