Masters, Master of Science in Architecture, Pennsylvania University, 2017
Masters, Master of Architecture, Art University of Isfahan, 2013
Undergraduate, Bachelor of Architecture, Art University of Isfahan, 2011
- Children's playspaces
- Informal play and street play
- Design and quality of urban public realm
- Urban form analysis
- Annotated mapping and diagramming
Children's Play in Metropolitan Areas: The Importance of Informal Playspaces in the Urban Context
- Shadkam, A. & Moos, M. (2020) Keeping Young Families in the Centre: A Pathways Approach to Child-friendly Urban Design, Manuscript submitted for publication.
- Shadkam, A. (2020) Life within Subsidized Walls: Identifying Informal Uses of Space Among Affortable Housing Tenants in Pennsylvania, Manuscript in preparation.
- Shadkam, A. (2019) Children’s play Experience in Urban Environments: In Search for Child-friendly Planning. Urban Affairs Association Conference, Los Angeles, California, April 24 — 27.
- Shadkam, A. & Moos, M. (2018) The Availability of Children’s Play Spaces in Youthified Neighbourhoods: A Case study of Portland and New York. Association of Collegiate Schools of Planning Conference, Buffalo, New York, October 25 — 28.
- Kunze, D. & Shadkam, A. (2018) The Orthopsychic Death Dream of Vertigo: Film as Architectural Anamorph. South West Popular American Culture Association conference, Albuquerque, New Mexico, February 7 — 8.
At the University of Waterloo:
- Speaker Series Coordinator, Association of Graduate Planners (AGP), 2019-2020
- Teaching Assistant for PLAN 405: Integrated Planning Project, Winter 2018
- External Critic (mid-term and final projects) for PLAN 210: Urban Planning Design and Environment, Fall 2017
- Ontario Trillium Scholarship (OTS), 2017-2021
- International Doctoral Student Award (IDSA), 2017-2020
- UW Graduate Scholarship, 2017-2019
- StoryCamp 2019, Fan-favourite Project, Multimodal Storytelling, Stratford School of Interaction Design & Business, University of Waterloo, Stratford, ON (https://uwaterloo.ca/stratford-school-of-interaction-design-and-business/storycamp)
- Memar Architecture Award 2017, 3rd place winner, Malek Apartments (multi-family housing category), Isfahan, Iran (https://www.archdaily.com/883332/malek-residential-building-piramun-architectural-office)
- Memar Architecture Award 2014, semi-finalist, Farvardin House (single-family housing category), Isfahan, Iran (https://www.archdaily.com/883333/farvardin-house-piramun-architectural-office