Below is a sample listing of some of our recent Political Science Master students Master's Research Papers (MRP) and Thesis titles for the past five years.
- “Free” to Express: Media Rights and Broadcasting Policy in Canada and the United States
- Reforming the Status Quo in the Financial Sector: A comparison of post- 2008 Financial Governance Reforms in the United States and United Kingdom
- A Critical Discourse Analysis of the Representation of Women in Canadian Armed Forces Policies and its Connection to Sexual Assault
- Reproduction and the Ecological Dominance of Capitalism: Fertility in Advanced Capitalist Countries since the 1960s
- Parallel Institutions in Global Economic Governance: A Comparative Analysis of the NDB, AIIB and the Silk Road Fund
- To Save or Spend Oil Wealth: A Comparative Analysis of the Sovereign Wealth Funds of Norway and Alberta
- Changes in Canadian Anti-Terrorism Policy Through Discourse
- Manifesting Belief in Canadian Law: What is `Freedom of Conscience' ?
- The Rise of the Islamic State: Why Was It So Successful?
- Reform, Risk, and Rural Migrants: A Case Study of Shenzhen’s Healthcare System and its Impact on Socioeconomic Risk for Chinese Migrants
- A Comparison of Alberta and Ontario: Who is Incorporating Indigenous Content Better Within Its High School Curriculum?
- A Table Set for Two - Climate Change and Food Security: Who Governs?
- Progress or the Status Quo? Systems-Thinking and Targeted Practice in Development
- Orwellian Canada: Our Home and Surveilled Land
- Assessing the United Nations' Effectiveness in Tackling Sexual and Gender Based Violence in Conflict
- Measure Twice, Cut Once: The Use of Evidence-Based Policy-Making in Canadian Social Assistance Policy
- Central Bank Liquidity Swaps During the Time of Economic Crises: A Political Economy Perspective
- Is Bosnia Ready for Reconciliation? Peace Education in the Aftermath of the "Bosnian Spring"?
- Unintended Consequences: A Political Legacy of the Royal Commission on Aboriginal Peoples and the Idle No More Movement
- Beyond Disposition: Accumulation by Dispossession and the Governing of Access
- From Subsidies to Obesity: Increased Carbohydrate Consumption and the American Taxpayer's Double Burden
- The Strategies of Small States in Maintaining Resilience in a "Vulnerable" Environment
- How Does Local Ownership Increase Security Sector Reform Success?
- Black Gold and Population Growth: Decreasing Oil Reservoirs, Increasing Population Growth, and State-Society Relations in Saudi Arabia
- Sex and the City: The Growth and Development of Human Sex Trafficking within Global Cities
- Little Mortar, Little Concern for the Developing World: Evaluating the Influence of the BRICS on Governance Reforms in the UNSC and IMF
- Technological Innovation: A "Top Up" and "Bottom Down" Explanation of Wage Inequality
- Kadyrovization in the Caucasus: Causes and Consequences of Allowing a Warlord to Thrive in Chechnya
- Explaining the Paradox: Canada's Position in the Agricultural Trade Negotiations of the Uruguay and Doha Rounds
- US-Canada Security Relations in the Post-9/11 Era: An Examination of Peripheral Dependency Theory
- Analyzing the Necessary Conditions for Successful Participatory Budgeting: A Study of Four Municipalities in Brazil
- #GenerationFlux: New Considerations of Youth Voter Turnout Decline in Canada
- Bollywood Diplomacy: Emerging Dimensions in Indian Foreign Policy
- Robots at War: The Ethics of Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicles
- Local Governments and Policy Responses: The Case of Shifang Protest
- Chinese Foreign Direct Investment in North America: Comparing Canadian and U.S. Attitude
- The Bigger Picture: Analysis of Euroscepticism Through the Prism of Trust in Mass Media Channels
- The Roles of Non-State Actors in Transboundary Water Management
- An Exploration of the Role of Women's CSOs in Peacebuilding Processes: Current Practices and Future Possibilities
- The U.S. Financial Crisis and the Greek Sovereign Debt Crisis
- Entrepreneurs of Violence - The Case of Karachi
- Catalyst for Crises: The Effect of Expansionary Monetary Policy on Global Food Crises
- The Effect of Issues and Groups on the Changes in Overall Sovereignty Support in Quebec
- The Role of Process Legitimacy in Post-Conflict Constitution Making
- Democratic Regime Advantage?: Acculturation Experiences of the Palestinian Diaspora
- The Woman Question: A Study of Women's Advancement in Middle Eastern Society
- Demand, Dislocation, Domination: The Three D's to Human Control
- Transitional Justice Off Balance: The Effectiveness of Justice Mechanisms and the Rule of Law
- Understanding the Effects of the Decriminalization of Drug Use on Organized Crime: A Study of Portugal