- Program details posted on official Banting website
May - June 14th, 2017:
- Interested applicants follow Steps 1-3 on Waterloo’s Banting website.
- Confirm eligibility
- Contact proposed supervisor
- Complete preliminary application
June 14th - 30th, 2017:
- Prospective supervisors review preliminary application of interested applicants and confirm or deny support of applicant to Heidi Mussar by June 30th, 2017.
June 30th - July 19th, 2017:
- Interested applicants who have received confirmation from Heidi Mussar to proceed with continuing the application process, follow Steps 4-8 as outlined on Waterloo’s Banting website.
July 19th, 2017 @ 8:00 p.m. EST*:
- Firm deadline by which applicants are required to e-mail a pdf of their application materials to Heidi Mussar in Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA). More information on Waterloo’s administrative details can be found on Waterloo’s Banting website.
- Firm deadline by which electronic letters of assessments from referees must be submitted to Heidi Mussar in GSPA (i.e., a pdf copy of the actual assessment that is completed online); letters are required in order to assist the selection committee in determining which candidates to endorse. More details can be found in Step 5 on Waterloo’s Banting website
- Firm deadline by which proposed supervisor must provide a preliminary “supervisor’s statement” to Heidi Mussar in GSPA. A preliminary statement is required in order to assist the Faculty Associate Deans in making their assessments of the synergy between the applicant and the supervisor. Feedback will be given to supervisors of the endorsed applicants in order to fine-tune the statement prior to submission by the agency deadline.
*Under no circumstances will late applications after the UW deadline of July 19th be considered.
July 21st, 2017:
- GSPA makes applications available for Faculty review and selection
August 17th, 2017:
- Faculty notifies GSPA of the top 3 highly competitive applicants they wish to be considered at an institutional level
August 17th - 18th, 2017:
- GSPA makes all Faculty-selected applications available for Faculty Associate Deans to review
August 18th - September 5th, 2017:
- Faculty Associate Deans have access to and review the applications that will be discussed at the institutional selection committee meeting
- Faculty Associate Deans notify Department Chair(s) of applicants that will be considered at institutional level in order to secure departmental support
September 5th, 2017:
- University-wide selection committee meeting for decisions regarding Faculty-selected Banting PDF applications
September 5th - 19th, 2017:
- GSPA and Faculty Associate Deans communicate with endorsed applicants and supervisors to fine-tune applications and institutional letters
- GSPA provides applicants with institutional Letter of Endorsement and finalized Supervisor’s Statement for them to upload to their application
- GSPA sends communication to non-recommended applicants and proposed supervisors
September 20th, 2017 @ 8:00 p.m. EDT:
- Deadline by which all endorsed applicants are required to submit completed Banting application electronically via ResearchNet
October - December 2017:
- Banting PDF selection board evaluates applications
- Anticipated announcement of results by agencies
Questions about any stage of this process can be sent to Heidi Mussar, in Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs.
May 2, 2017