The Office of the President team assists the University President with their day-to-day activities on and off-campus. This includes setting and managing the President’s calendar of activities, working with internal and external stakeholders to move the University forward and managing the President’s communications activities and outreach efforts, including keynote addresses, digital presence, and more.
The Office of the President is located on the third floor of Needles Hall, Room 3073. Browse our team directory for details on how best the Office of the President staff can assist you.
The University Leadership Team
The President of the university provides leadership in all matters internal and external.
The President, according to the terms of the University of Waterloo Act, 1972, is to be appointed by the Board of Governors in such manner and for such term or terms as shall be determined, from time to time, by agreement of the Board of Governors and the Senate. The following positions report directly to the President of the university:
- Vice-President, Academic & Provost
- Vice-President, Administration & Finance
- Vice-President, Advancement
- Vice-President, University Relations
- Vice-President, University Research
- University Secretary
- Director of Sustainability
- Senior Director, Indigenous Initiatives
- Executive Director, Office of the President