Nominations are now closed. Nominations for the 2019 President's Community Impact Awards will open in August 2019.
University of Waterloo President’s Community Impact Awards.
The awards launched in 2017, and, as a legacy to this special year of celebration, will be awarded annually.
The University of Waterloo’s President’s Community Impact Awards recognize individuals or teams of community members, students, staff or faculty who embody the University’s spirit of innovation and contribute to making Waterloo Region strong and prosperous.
Award winners may be distinguished through such community service activities as volunteer work, public speaking, school outreach, or other outstanding community service.
The awards will:
- Reward and recognize community excellence
- Inspire us to engage in activities that develop leadership, foster social responsibility and contribute to the well-being of our community
- Promote community pride and participation
- Engage with, serve, and draw strength from the diversity of our external communities.
Awards are intended to recognize community contributions over and above duties for which the individual is paid or that the individual is completing as a part of a degree program.
Previous recipients of these awards will not be eligible.
Up to four awards will be awarded each calendar year.
Community Leader awards (up to two per year). A Community Leader is a current University of Waterloo student, faculty or staff member.
University Champion awards (up to two per year). A University Champion is an individual or organization from the Waterloo Region and city of Stratford who has demonstrated a commitment to championing the impact of the University in our community either through partnership with the institution or in working with individual students, faculty or staff of the University.
Nominations will be received from the community and campus each year by submitting a brief nomination package that includes:
- a completed nomination checklist (docx)
- a community impact statement from the nominator
- two letters of support
Review and selection process
Nominations will be reviewed by a selection panel led by
- the Office of the President
- Community Relations & Events
- the Staff Association
- the Faculty Association
- the Federation of Students
- the Graduate Students Association
- Human Resources
Have questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.