From our staff at W Store and W Print, it is our hope that you and your loved ones remain safe and healthy during this time.
Both W Store and W Print are continuing to operate as an essential service to the campus community. All textbook and course materials orders will be fulfilled online until further notice. Students can select door-to-door delivery or choose to pick up their orders on-campus through our free, contactless curbside pickup program.
We understand that many instructors are moving quickly to develop alternate delivery methods, including digital options wherever possible. W Store will continue to provide both physical and digital third-party course materials to students, as well as the print production of faculty-authored course notes and related courseware services.
Please continue to place textbook adoptions through our website or via email (email@example.com). Courseware order requests may be placed online or by contacting Shawn Gilbertson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
In addition to our courseware and traditional textbook services, we have additional infrastructure in place to support your other academic needs:
- Printing and mailing of physical assessments along with prepaid envelopes for return to our secure lockup for upload to electronic marking systems (Crowdmark/Akindi) or distribution to Faculty and TAs.
- Digitizing existing physical materials with optical character recognition for electronic distribution.
- Digital distribution infrastructure with industry best practice digital rights management (DRM) using Adobe Digital Editions, which supports PDF and EPUB formats.
- Inventory management and e-commerce systems allow us to easily deliver any materials to students, faculty and TAs.
- Equipment and software to combine course notes and materials into a perfect bound book that would look and function identical to a traditional textbook.
As work-from-home needs evolve, W Store can supply essential aids such as headsets, noise-cancelling headphones, cables, printers, laptops, external drives and more – all available for home delivery through the "Work From Home" feature shop on wstore.ca. For additional items that don’t appear on the website, please email email@example.com and our customer service team will work with you to source the equipment and supplies you need. We now accept UWaterloo department charges for online orders.
We recognize the challenges that you face as we continue to move towards the “new normal”. We want to assure you that we stand with you and will support you through these unprecedented times.