Propel Centre for Population Health Impact
Faculty of Applied Health Sciences
University of Waterloo
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
Creating healthier people and places
The Propel Centre for Population Health Impact aspires to a Canada that is free from preventable cancers, other chronic diseases and their causes. Our role is to improve the health of people and places by leading and catalyzing relevant and rigorous studies, and moving evidence into action.
Propel has three inter-dependent programs:
- Tobacco Control, with a focus on supporting advocacy and improving policy and cessation interventions with relevant evidence;
- Healthy Living, with a focus on environments that shape health behaviours, especially for healthy eating and physical activity and among priority populations, including children and youth; and
- Capacity Development, with a focus on scientific innovations, training and learning opportunities for students and health professionals, and sparking and supporting new collaborations within and across policy, practice and research sectors.
Within our programs, Propel gives priority to activities that:
- Maximize alignment with major stakeholders (e.g. Canadian Cancer Society, University of Waterloo, Public Health Agency of Canada) and seek opportunities for collaboration;
- Emphasize pan-Canadian influence and equity;
- Develop scientific innovations; and
- Catalyze collaborations across disciplines, jurisdictions and sectors to advance prevention goals.
- Apr. 21, 2015
- Apr. 15, 2015
- Mar. 26, 2015