Welcome to the Department of Psychology at the University of Waterloo!
This information is being provided to help you settle in and get connected with important services, resources and people. We want to make our department and campus start to feel like home for you.
- Log in to Quest to check your academic and financial status, add or drop classes, check your fees, and more.
- Arrange your fees for the Fall term. Note: You need to arrange your fees even if you have scholarship funding.
- Get to know the City of Waterloo, and the City of Kitchener, and explore the Waterloo Region.
- Browse the Graduate Calendar and course descriptions.
- Confirm your teaching assistantship assignment and contact your instructor.
- Attend new graduate student orientation days, get email/Nexus accounts set up, etc. View the Orientation Schedule.
- Register for your classes.
- Get your WatCard – the first and simplest thing on your list should be getting a University of Waterloo student card (generally referred to as a WatCard). The WatCard is the University's comprehensive photo ID, and is needed for many of the services provided by the University.
- Get to know the library.
- Attend first day of classes.
- Attend SONA researcher training session.
- Start preparing a research proposal for the current year’s scholarship applications – the first competition application is typically due in October.
- Submit an ethics application for your first research project.
- Prepare an annual progress report (PDF) – due approximately June 15.