Welcome to the Department of Psychology at the University of Waterloo!
This information is being provided to you to help you settle in, get connected with important services, resources and people. We want to make our department and campus start to feel like home for you.
- Log in to Quest to check your academic and financial status, add or drop classes, check your fees and more.
- Arrange your fees for the fall term. Note: You need to do this even if you have scholarship funding.
- Get to know the City of Waterloo, and the City of Kitchener, and explore the Waterloo Region.
- Browse the Graduate Calendar and course descriptions.
- Confirm your teaching assistantship assignment and contact your instructor.
- Attend new graduate student orientation days, get email/Nexus accounts set up, etc. View the Orientation Schedule.
- Register for your classes.
- Get your WatCard – the first and simplest thing on your list should be getting a University of Waterloo student card (generally referred to as a WatCard). This is your official identification card on campus and is used for library privileges, at restaurants, for photocopying, and more.
- Get to know the library.
- Attend first day of classes.
- Attend SONA researcher training session.
- Start preparing a research proposal for next year’s scholarships – these are usually due by the end of the month, or early in October.
- Submit an ethics application for your first research project.
- Prepare an annual progress report – due approximately June 15.