Last day to add courses Winter 2018 is Tuesday January 16.
See all important dates for Winter 2018.
Psychology (PSYCH) courses offered by the University of Waterloo Department of Psychology Winter 2018
Include your full name, student identification number, and the course number for the course you are requesting to drop/add including the section number(s) for all of the course components (lecture, lab, tutorial, etc.). If a course drop is required to facilitate the course add request, include the course to be dropped with your wait list request.
- For, PSYCH 207, 211, 211 online, 238, 253, 256 online, 257, 261, 261 online, 317, 335, 339, 340, 353, 356, 361, 372, 439, contact Nadine Quehl about the request.
- For, PSYCH 292, 390, 391, 392, 394, 396, 398, 447, 453, 458, 492, 493, contact the Psychology Undergraduate Advisor about the request.
- PSYCH 264, 464, 480-486, and 499 require application forms for enrolment.
Human Resources Management (HRM) students requesting PSYCH 238, 339, or 340
If you are officially enrolled in an HRM plan, send your HRM plan course request to Nadine Quehl. Include your name, student identification number, current year and academic plan(s). If a course drop is required to facilitate the course add request, include the course to be dropped with your wait list request.
Wait list requests for PSYCH courses offered by the University of Waterloo Psychology Department may be submitted from Friday December 8th at 4:30pm to Tuesday, January 2nd at 8:30am. Earlier or later submissions will not be processed.
After January 2nd, enrolment is only available by self-enrolment on Quest.
Do not submit duplicate wait list requests.
Include the course drop if it is required to facilitate the course add request.
If a space becomes available for you in your requested course and the enrolment cannot be processed because of a course time conflict and/or a unit load restriction, you will be notified and your name will be removed from the wait list. Once you have resolved the conflict you may submit another wait list request.
If approval for a time conflict and/or a unit load increase for the term is required to add your course, the following steps are required:
- submit the online Wait List Form. Print a copy before you hit the 'submit' button.
- submit a complete Course Override Form approved appropriately by the academic advisor for the time conflict and/or unit load increase to the Psychology Undergraduate Office Drop Box which is located across the hall from the third floor elevator of the PAS (Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology) building.
- attach a copy of your completed Wait List Form to the Course Override Form.
- See Department of Psychology policies regarding access to Psychology courses.
- All requests for 'course overrides' to waive a course requisite(s), for permissible time conflicts, to exceed course limits, or to exceed reserve caps are consider waiting list requests.
- We cannot accept enrolment requests by telephone. You must follow the waiting list instructions fully. Incomplete requests will not be processed.
- A waiting list request does not guarantee enrolment. Suggest that you enrol in a backup course.
- Waiting list requests will be prioritized at the discretion of the academic advisors in the Psychology Undergraduate Office.
- Those on waiting lists will not be informed of their position on waiting lists. Please do not contact us for updates on your wait list status. If we are able to accommodate the request, you will be enrolled in the course and sent a confirmation by email.
- If there are openings in a UWaterloo psychology course after waiting list requests have been satisfied, those remaining openings will be made available to students for self-enrolment on Quest up to the deadline for course enrolment (see deadlines on the top of this page). Check Quest frequently for openings.
- It is your responsibility to inform us if you want your name removed from any waiting lists. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Remove from PSYCH course wait list" and provide your name, student identification number, and which course wait list you wish to be removed from.
- If your enrolment request is a conditional statement such as 'don’t drop X course unless Y course is added successfully', then use the ‘course swap’ feature on Quest to do that drop/add transaction. If you don’t do that and the course add request is unsuccessful, you might not be able to reenrol in the course that was dropped e.g., course full, spaces reserved for a target group you don't belong to, etc. You can test enrolment (including section changes) using the course swap feature as often as you like.
- If the total enrolment in a course equals the enrolment limit for the course, you won't be able to self-enrol in the course because it is full. If available openings in a course are only available for a target group that you don't belong to (check the enrolments and limits on the reserve caps), you'll get a message from Quest that the course is full and your enrolment request will be unsuccessful. In either case, check Quest frequently during open enrolment for an opening because others are dropping and adding courses also. Remember to use the 'course swap' feature when doing so.
- If Quest indicates that 'dept permission is required' to enrol in a course, you can't self-enrol on Quest even if there appears to be an opening in the course because e.g.,
- current openings are being saved for those on waiting lists,
- a course application form is required prior to enrolment (e.g., PSYCH 264, 464, 480-486, 499)
Courses offered by other academic units Winter 2018
Enrolment problems for Psychology (PSYCH) courses offered by:
- St. Jeromes University e.g. PSYCH 101 section 3, 212, 218, 230, 315, 330, 459
- Renison University College e.g., PSYCH 212R, 253R, 257R, 334R, 349R, 398R, 399R, 448R, 490R
- Philosophy Department
- There are no cross listed Philosophy courses offered by the Philosophy department for Winter 2018. The Winter 2018 offering of PSYCH/PHIL 256 is hosted by the Psychology department, so please follow the procedures above.
Last updated: November 14, 2017