See all important dates for Fall 2017.
Psychology (PSYCH) courses offered by the University of Waterloo Department of Psychology Fall 2017
Enrolment problems for:
- PSYCH 101 (sections 1, 2, 4), 101 online, 207, 207 online, 211, 238, 253, 253 online, 257, 261, 306, 307, 308, 317, 320, 336, 340, 352: see below regarding waiting list requests and/or course override requests for enrolment below.
- PSYCH 291, 391, 393, 395, 397, 399, 453, 457, 458, 461, 470:
Contact the Psychology Undergraduate Advisor about the request. Include your full name, student identification number, and the course number for the course you are requesting to drop/add including the section number(s) for all of the course components (lecture, lab, tutorial, etc.).
- PSYCH 264, 464, 480-486, and 499 require application forms for enrolment.
- For PSYCH 101 section 3, 212, 230, 318, 363, 459, 101R, 213R, 226R, 312R, 349R, 398R, 399R, 448R, 490R, and 256, please see courses offered by other units below.
Waiting list requests and/or course override requests for enrolment in PSYCH 101 (sections 1, 2, 4), 101 online, 207, 207 online, 211, 238, 253, 253 online, 257, 261, 306, 307, 308, 317, 320, 336, 340, 352
Psychology Majors and Psychology Minors (those officially enrolled or have submitted an application to one of these academic plans)
Psychology Majors - send your course request to the Psychology Undergraduate Advisor.
Psychology Minors - send your course request to Nadine Quehl (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Include your name, student identification number, current year and academic plan(s). If a course drop is required to facilitate the course add request, include the course to be dropped with your wait list request.
Human Resources Management (HRM) students requesting PSYCH 238, 339 and 340
If you are not enrolled in the Psychology Major or Psychology Minor but are officially enrolled in an HRM plan, send your course request to Nadine Quehl. Include your name, student identification number, current year and academic plan(s). If a course drop is required to facilitate the course add request, include the course to be dropped with your wait list request. Students who have declared the HRM Minor and who have not taken Psych 101, and wish to take Psych 238 this Fall can contact the HRM advisor to request an override for the Fall 2017 term.
All others may submit enrolment requests using the Wait List Form
Wait list requests for PSYCH courses offered by the University of Waterloo Psychology Department may be submitted from Thursday August 10 to Thursday August 31. Earlier or later submissions will not be processed.
After September 1, enrolment is only available by self-enrolment on Quest.
Do not submit duplicate wait list requests. Doing so does not increase your chances of enrolment and slows the enrolment process for everyone. If you submit duplicate requests, only the last request will be kept. Earlier requests for the course will be deleted which could potentially affect your priority for enrolment.
If a course drop is required to facilitate the course add request, include the course to be dropped with your wait list request.
If a space becomes available for you in the requested course and the enrolment cannot be processed because of a course time conflict and/or a unit load restriction, you will be notified and your name will be removed from the wait list. Once you have resolved the conflict you may submit another wait list request.
If you are submitting a wait list request for a course that also requires approval for a time conflict and/or a unit load increase for the term, the following steps are required:
- submit the online Wait List Form. Print a copy before you hit the 'submit' button.
- submit a completed Course Override Form approved appropriately by your academic advisor for the time conflict and/or unit load increase to the Psychology Undergraduate Office Drop Box which is located across the hall from the third floor elevator of the PAS (Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology) building.
- attach a copy of your completed Wait List Form to the Course Override Form.
Enrolment problems for Psychology (PSYCH) courses offered by:
- St. Jeromes University e.g. PSYCH 101 section 3, 212, 230, 318, 363, 459
- Renison University College e.g., 101R, PSYCH 213R, 226R, 312R, 349R, 398R, 399R, 448R, 490R
- Philosophy Department e.g., PSYCH 256/PHIL 256
- See Department of Psychology policies regarding access to Psychology courses.
- All requests for 'course overrides' to waive a course requisite(s), for permissible time conflicts, to exceed course limits, or to exceed reserve caps are consider waiting list requests.
- We are not allowed to take enrolment requests by telephone. You must follow the waiting list instructions fully. Incomplete requests will not be processed.
- A waiting list request does not guarantee enrolment. Suggest that you enrol in a backup course.
- Information regarding the number of waiting list requests received/satisfied for a particular course does not show on the Schedule of Classes.
- Waiting list requests will be prioritized at the discretion of the academic advisors in the Psychology Undergraduate Office.
- Those on waiting lists will not be informed of their position on waiting lists. Please do not contact us for updates on your wait list status. If we are able to accommodate the request, you will be enrolled in the course and sent a confirmation by email.
- If there are openings in a UWaterloo psychology course after waiting list requests have been satisfied, those remaining openings will be made available to students for self-enrolment on Quest up to the deadline for course enrolment (see deadlines on the top of this page). Check Quest frequently for openings.
- It is your responsibility to inform us if you want your name removed from any waiting lists. Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line "Remove from PSYCH course wait list" and provide your name, student identification number, and which course wait list you wish to be removed from.
- If your enrolment request is a conditional statement such as 'don’t drop X course unless Y course is added successfully', then use the ‘course swap’ feature on Quest to do that drop/add transaction. If you don’t do that and the course add request is unsuccessful, you might not be able to reenrol in the course that was dropped e.g., course full, spaces reserved for a target group you don't belong to, etc. You can test enrolment (including section changes) using the course swap feature as often as you like.
- If the total enrolment in a course equals the enrolment limit for the course, you won't be able to self-enrol in the course because it is full. If available openings in a course are only available for a target group that you don't belong to (check the enrolments and limits on the reserve caps), you'll get a message from Quest that the course is full and your enrolment request will be unsuccessful. In either case, check Quest frequently during open enrolment for an opening because others are dropping and adding courses also. Remember to use the 'course swap' feature when doing so.
- If Quest indicates that 'dept permission is required' to enrol in a course, you can't self-enrol on Quest even if there appears to be an opening in the course because e.g.,
- current openings are being saved for those on waiting lists,
- department approval is needed (PSYCH 363)
- a course application form is required prior to enrolment (e.g., PSYCH 264, 464, 480-486, 499)
Last updated: August 3, 2017