PSYCH 499A Fall 2017
Students enrolled in PSYCH 499A Fall 2017 should attend the thesis orientation meeting. The time, date and location will be posted as soon as they are determined.
Report the name of your thesis supervisor to Nadine Quehl by Wednesday, September 20, 2017.
Thesis Reviewer nominations must be submitted to Richard Eibach (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 12:00 noon on September 21, 2017 if you are concurrently enrolled in PSYCH 499 A/B and no later than 12:00 noon on December 4, 2017 if you are enrolled in only PSYCH 499A (not PSYCH 499B).
PSYCH 499A progress reports must be signed by the thesis supervisor and submitted to Richard Eibach's mailbox no later than Thursday, December 21, 2017.
See the Thesis Handbook for further details regarding PSYCH 499A.
PSYCH 499B Fall 2017
Students enrolled in PSYCH 499B Fall 2017, please contact Nadine Quehl as soon as possible to schedule your oral presentation of the research proposal. Presentations are scheduled for one hour and occur during the lecture period on Tuesdays at 11:30, 12:30, and 1:30pm.
See the Thesis Handbook for further details regarding PSYCH 499B.
PSYCH 499C Spring 2017 (and In Progress from previous terms)
See the Thesis Handbook for further details regarding PSYCH 499C.
Deadlines and Important Dates:
- December 1, 2017 - deadline to submit an Intent to Graduate Form for spring convocation to the Registrar's Office, if degree requirements are completed during the fall term. General information regarding the convocation ceremony will appear on the Registrar's Office website.
- December 21, 2017 - deadline to submit the honours thesis to Nadine Quehl (PAS 3008). Please submit electronic copy via email to email@example.com.
NOTE: If an extension is required, discuss the proposed target date for completion with your thesis advisor and report the target date that the two of you have agreed upon to Nadine Quehl by December 15, 2017. Also, pay close attention to the deadlines below.
- December 22, 2017 - unofficial grades for Fall 2017 begin to appear on QUEST.
- TBA - deadline for instructors to submit Fall term grades. Grade revisions are possible after this date.
- TBA - cumulative averages calculated for the Fall term (note that the major average is only calculated once per term).
- TBA - advisors review academic standings and requests to graduate.
- TBA - honours theses submitted for marking after this date will not be considered for a 2017 thesis award.
- Pending- check back- 48th annual Psychology undergraduate thesis conference being held at Trent University. Details about submissions deadlines and requirements will be emailed to PSYCH 499 students when they become available.
- TBD - deadline for convocation award nominations (Honours students only): (check back closer to the time for the actual date):
Each faculty nominates a student for the Governor General Medal (university level) and the Alumni Gold Medal (faculty level). Each department in the Faculty of Arts nominates the top student from each department for the Departmental Award for Distinguished Academic Achievement.
Nominees for awards cannot have any INC (incomplete), NMR (no mark recorded), or IP (in progress) grades.
Typically, only those who have final grades for all course work (including the honours thesis) by this deadline can be considered for these awards. Students whose overall and psychology averages fall in the 88-100% range are strongly encouraged to adhere to the thesis submission deadline noted above.
- January 19, 2018 - official grades and academic standings for the Fall term appear on QUEST. For those who requested official transcripts from the Registrar's Office (e.g., for applications to various future programs), transcripts will be mailed soon after this date.
- TBD (Home faculty Arts or Science) - last chance to get a student's name on the convocation program, and for the degree to be printed in time for the convocation ceremony. That means that the student must complete all of the degree requirements (including the PSYCH 499A/B/C grades) a few days sooner so that the Registrar's Office has sufficient time to obtain all of the necessary signatures required to confirm the graduation decision (e.g., academic advisors, co-op advisors, etc.) and to complete the coding on the student's record by the deadline. Keep in mind that the Registrar's Office is dealing with a heavy work load.
- December 1, 2017 (Home Faculty Arts or Science)- last day to approve a student's request to graduate for June convocation (i.e., signatures from the advisors of all of the student's academic plans). Note the deadline above regarding the convocation program and the printing of the degree.
- Convocation ceremony dates/times - go to the Registrar's Office website for the official details for the the Spring (June) and Fall (October) convocations.
If you have any questions above the above information, please contact Nadine Quehl.