The School of Public Health and Health Systems is a division of the Faculty of Applied Health Sciences
Course selection information for September 2020
Fall (September to December) term course selection period for students who are new to Waterloo (first-year and transfer students) will take place June 30 to July 9, 2020.
Course selection for the winter (January to April) term will take place in September.
Learn more about your first-year courses
Fall term: September to December 2020
You will be automatically enrolled you in your three required courses. In July 2020, you will log into Quest to request your two elective courses.
- HLTH 101 - Introduction to Health (lecture and tutorial; 0.5 units)
- HLTH 103 - Biological Determinants of Health (lecture; 0.5 units)
- AHS 107 - Sociology of Activity, Health, and Well-being (lecture; 0.5 units)
Requesting your electives in Quest
In July, you'll log into Quest to request your two fall-term electives. Review our course selection instructions for Public Health students. We've also prepared some suggestions to help you decide which electives you might want to take.
Later in July you'll be able to view your schedule and make any changes if necessary.
Winter term: January to April 2021
In September, you'll log into Quest to request all of your winter term courses. You are responsible for enrolling in both your four required courses and your one winter-term elective course.
- HLTH 102 - Introduction to Health 2 (lecture and tutorial; 0.5 units)
- HLTH 245 - Canadian Health Systems (lecture; 0.5 units)
- AHS 150 - Foundations of Human Anatomy and Physiology (lecture; 0.5 units)
- PSYCH 101 - Introductory Psychology (lecture; 0.5 units)
Review the information and suggestions for choosing an elective course.
Check the important dates webpage for the dates for course selection, viewing your winter term schedule, and the drop/add period.
Find the information you need
We always use email to contact you with important information, so make sure you check it regularly.
We know that university life can seem intimidating, that's why we’re here to help. If you have questions about the program, your Offer of Admission, or your class schedule, please contact us.